Why Everyone Needs To Come Here!!
  Re: (...)
Great (and true) article -
http://travel.nytimes.com/2011/06/12/tra...l?emc=eta1
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Why Everyone Needs To Come Here!! by cjs (Great (and true) art...)
You're killing me here, Jean! Do you know how hungry I was BEFORE I read this?!?!?!?!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I'm so glad we're "HOME". We're looking forward to venturing out.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Wow what an article! I have heard of some of the restaurants, but many are so new. At least since I lived up north. When I left Ballard in 1997 it was still just a little norweigan neighborhood. I loved it. I lived there many times over my life. High School and then two different times on my own. It sure has changed since then though.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Why Everyone Needs To Come Here!! by esgunn (Wow what an article!...)
It sure has changed, Erin - a lot of my Norwegian shirttail realation still live there. I love to go up and visit.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yep!! Can't wait to get back there in the future! Eliott's was great and the selection of oysters was awesome!

Loved, loved, loved the Public Market!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Why Everyone Needs To Come Here!! by BarbaraS (Yep!! Can't wait to...)
My friend is going out to Seattle later this summer for a family wedding and to visit her son who is doing an internship at Microsoft. I sent her this story. Wish I could go with her!
  Re: Re: Why Everyone Needs To Come Here!! by HomeCulinarian (My friend is going o...)
Oh good lord! Another reason why Derek and I need to bust a move!! What a wonderful article
  Re: Re: Why Everyone Needs To Come Here!! by DFen911 (Oh good lord! Anothe...)
Denise, I am so jealous you are moving there! You are moving into a RICH culinary area! That's for sure! Wait....when are you guys moving up there? I think Derek's retirement may just hit mine! I was so depressed to learn last spring that I had 4 1/2 years instead of 3. That would leave me with 3 1/2 now....BUT someone pointed out I need to consider my annual leave/sick leave time! I have a YEAR of leave time, which puts me at 2 1/2 now. After 2 years, I SHOULD have enough leave time to take care of that half year! So I'm counting on retiring in June 2013!

Will you guys be there by then? I'm planning on asking for a trip to the NW for my retirement celebration! (In case I don't make it before then!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Why Everyone Needs To Come Here!! by Gourmet_Mom (Denise, I am so jeal...)
Wow, how exciting, Daphne - Can you imagine all of us in the kitchen together??
www.achefsjourney.com