What's for Dinner - Wed., 6/15? (2011)
  Re: (...)
So, what is on the menu for everyone?

This is the third Wed. of the month, so we're off to the big city to see my aunt. Lots of goodies to take to her this month. Have any of you ever priced the take out dinners that grocery stores carry?? I wish I could cook all her meals for her, it would probably cost her a 1/4 of what she spends on that stuff.

In addition to her usual request of meatloaf, I'm also taking her Hilo Haupia Squares - we had this in Hawaii and really liked it and she loves it!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 6/15? (2011) by cjs (So, what is on the m...)
Quote:

I wish I could cook all her meals for her, it would probably cost her a 1/4 of what she spends on that stuff.

If her freezer can handle it or the fridge will suffice for some of it, make a full month's meals that she could just thaw out and reheat.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 6/15? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I have no idea here. I'll look around.

I am sooo crazy! I totally forgot! Jody is coming tonight. He's got a bunch of catfish and grunt (?). William said he thinks the grunt is a lot like grouper! Either way, I'm having a fish fry tonight!!!!! And darn....Jean's not home to be jealous!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 6/15? by Gourmet_Mom (I have no idea here....)
Enjoy your fish fry, Daphne! We're having a Rick Bayless recipe: Skirt Steak Salad with Wilted Greens. I hope we like it.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 6/15? by karyn (Enjoy your fish fry,...)
We are trying stuffed bell peppers with hot Italian sausage, rice, onions, and marinara. And a salad with a friendly Italian wine>(I know that is not a complete sentence!!)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 6/15? by Old Bay (We are trying stuffe...)
It all sounds good. Bob's grilling burgers and I've got sweet potato fries in the oven.

Pooped! It was a long day again. I love it, my feet don't!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 6/15? by Harborwitch (It all sounds good. ...)
Well, I'm jealous this a.m., Daphne!! I looked at catfish yesterday at Central Market, but I was good!! I bet your dinner was great.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 6/15? (2011) by cjs (So, what is on the m...)
I've been focused on using our garden produce. So, last night our central dish was Three Pea Stir-fry. It was featured in the Dash magazine from the paper. So I paired it with salmon and needed an Asian starch. Tired of rice, so I found this recipe for Asian Noodles. We really liked the dinner! Too bad we're out of sugar snap and snow peas from the garden. The back yard critters loved the peas!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 6/15? by HomeCulinarian (I've been focused on...)
Both those dishes sound really good, Jeannette - thank heaven's we're the only critters who know of our peas in the greenhouse. Still have a few coming, but the plants are getting ready to bolt in this warmer weather.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 6/15? by cjs (Both those dishes so...)
Oh, Jean! It was so good. While I was at choir practice, Jody dug up some potatoes from the garden, cubed them up with some chopped onion, and fried that up in the skillet. Then he cooked the fish. I got a bonus last night. He had grunt, which I tasted and was okay. But the bonus was that someone also gave him a flounder, which I also like! He froze the catfish for later, so we'll have that at another time. (He filleted them whole, so I was happy with the flounder.)

We ate out at the farm...so no mess at my house! It was cool enough, we were able to eat outside watching the moon rise over the garden. Lovely!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.