Fathers Day - 6/19, What's For Dinner?
  Re: (...)
Jane is making a Barolo Beef for me using a top sirloin roast--my son Bert is joining us (he's local) the rest of our kids and grandkids are coming for a long 4th of July weekend--Jane is also making gnocchi to put with the sauce--and I will serve an 11 year old Barolo with it!! Bert wants an iceberg wedge-----he will get homemade ranch--we will have blue cheese crumbles and a garlic and herb vinagerette.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Fathers Day - 6/19, What's For Dinner? by Old Bay (Jane is making a Ba...)
Your dinner sounds awesome! I love Barolo Beef, but I've never served it with gnocchi. I'll have to give that a try.

We're doing Father's Day dinner tonight, because it's much easier for the boys to be home when it's not s school/work night. We're having Indivicual Beef Croustades with Boursin and Mushrooms, green beans, and, in honor of John's favorite candy bar, an Almond Joy Tart. I think I'm just going to have veggies and dip for an appy, because it's a pretty rich meal.
  Re: Re: Fathers Day by karyn (Your dinner sounds a...)
It's only appropriate "Father" starts this thread!!

No kids around, and Roy made his wishes known very early - Grilled sausages with the bok choy stir-fry. Which has now morphed into Sausage and Bok Choy Paella, thanks to Laura!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fathers Day by karyn (Your dinner sounds a...)
Wow! Some special dinners going on here! None of the kids will be home tomorrow, but BG is planning to come home Monday, so I'm planning to do Father's Day pizzas then. Tomorrow will probably just be regular Sunday burgers and fries.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Fathers Day by Gourmet_Mom (Wow! Some special d...)
Pizza? Pizza? - I have not had a pizza for at least a month...how did that happen????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fathers Day by Gourmet_Mom (Wow! Some special d...)
The girls are making dinner at Holly's house for all the dads. Last I heard they were grilling marinated chicken breasts, making an orzo salad, artichoke dip, and I can't remember what else.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Fathers Day by Mare749 (The girls are making...)
Same here, Jean! I'm looking forward to it. I've got truffle dough and herb dough in the freezer. So it's going to be gruyere, clams, mushroom, and bacon truffle dough pizza and William's favorite: Italian sausage, pepperoni, cheddar and mozzarella cheese pizza. Ashley hasn't tried the truffle pizza yet, so she's in for a real treat! She LOVES mushrooms and clams!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Fathers Day by Gourmet_Mom (Same here, Jean! I'...)
I'm not sure what we're doing for dinner tomorrow but we're going out for an early Father's Day lunch today. Will head down to Newport Beach. This place makes amazing sausages among many other things. Too bad we are in the middle of deep June Gloom. Probably won't see the sun near the coast today.

http://www.sabatinoschicagosausage.com/
  Re: Re: Fathers Day by Trixxee (I'm not sure what we...)
Oh my, Sabatinos sounds like a fun place to shop!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fathers Day by cjs (Oh my, Sabatinos sou...)
Good grief! How do you choose?
Daphne