What's for Dinner, Monday 6/20?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

We're having leftover Paella, neighbors next door are having Paella and neighbors across the alley are having Paella.......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 6/20? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Quote:

We're having leftover Paella, neighbors next door are having Paella and neighbors across the alley are having Paella.......

ROTFL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 6/20? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Wish I lived on your street! While I was in the kitchen at the winery Saturday ( we did the Wine Members Cookout, Gil was outside bbqing), a lady came into the kitchen with a chicken for me. They own a local farm and raise free range chickens). I think I'll roast it , fairly simply, in order to get the true taste of it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 6/20? by Lorraine (Wish I lived on your...)
BG is coming home for a belated Father's Day visit and I'm doing PIZZAS! My dough is thawing in the fridge as I type.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 6/20? by Gourmet_Mom (BG is coming home fo...)
Dinner Rev. A - have to wait until tomorrow for the leftovers, I forgot my little bartender friend brought over more fresh oysters and clams last night...... sigh, it's such a hard job, but.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 6/20? by cjs (Dinner Rev. A - have...)
I've got a couple of rib eyes in the freezer. Thinking of grilling those and topping them with a red wine vinaigrette and feta cheese. Spinach and roasted red potatoes as sides.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 6/20? by cjs (Dinner Rev. A - have...)
Well, Jean, somebody has to do it... Sure wish it was me!

I had some leftover grilled chicken and sausages that we brought home from Holly's, so decided to make Cassoulet Stew from "Cuisine's Soup's Stews and Chilies" this morning and put it in the frig until dinnertime. All it needs is to be baked for 30 minutes or so, then topped with buttered crumbs and baked until golden. I'm even making the Bitter Greens & Mustard Vinaigrette add-on to go with it.

I know, it's not exactly summertime fare, but it sounded good. And, when I tasted it before refrigerating, it was pretty darn good!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 6/20? by Mare749 (Well, Jean, somebody...)
So, how did the girls do with their Father's Day dinner, Maryann??? I bet it was fun!

I just found two new methods for the oysters and clams - since I had the Paella book out anyway, checked it for clams and found a Tapa "Clams in Herbed Garlic Sauce" (Almejas en Salsa Verde de Hierbas) always sounds so much better in a different language.

And for the oysters - out of the Junior League Centennial Cookbook, - Oysters Mosco. sauted onions and bacon, herbs and peppers, gently fry the oysters; put all in a casserole and top with almonds and Parm and bake a minute.

And, lots of crusty bread!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 6/20? by cjs (So, how did the girl...)
I'm not feeling terribly inspired, so it's grilled chicken, homemade pita from the freezer, and a chopped salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 6/20? by karyn (I'm not feeling terr...)
Sounds really good, Jean. Especially, the one for the clams.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.