It takes all kinds!
  Re: (...)
Really . . . people never cease to amaze me. Chels waited on two ladies last week. One drank, kid you not, five glasses of iced tea (we offer free refills) and had a bowl of soup. The other had a sandwich. They sat there for several hours visiting. At one point, the one asked Chelsea for another napkin (we have cloth napkins), Chels brought her a paper napkin. She promptly blows her nose and HANDS THE NAPKIN BACK TO CHELSEA.

Really, cause how would she feel if she was the next customer?

Oh and left 9 cent tip.

She's back today, complaining that the soup isn't ready yet and the specials are too expensive (we are offering a half rack of ribs or half a chicken plus potato salad for $8). Really, go to McDonalds.
  Re: It takes all kinds! by iBcookin (Really . . . people ...)
"Really . . . people never cease to amaze me. Chels waited on two ladies last week. One drank, kid you not, five glasses of iced tea (we offer free refills) and had a bowl of soup. The other had a sandwich. They sat there for several hours visiting."

Sadly, this part sounds like my mom...LOL! The napkin part is disgusting. No class, obviously.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: It takes all kinds! by Gourmet_Mom ("Really . . . people...)
Hmmmm... This is the kind of thing that one sees on Yelp where the customer complains about the service or food, but then the restaurant replies with the REAL story. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: It takes all kinds! by labradors (Hmmmm... This is the...)
Oh Linda, hopefully your other guests will more than make up for the rudeness of a couple - fingers crossed.

" a half rack of ribs or half a chicken plus potato salad for $8)." think I'd better make reservations - sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: It takes all kinds! by labradors (Hmmmm... This is the...)
Did Chelsea take the snotty napkin back!?! I hope she just turned on her heels and walked away.
  Re: It takes all kinds! by iBcookin (Really . . . people ...)
Oh Linda that's horrible. Rude nasty witch! There's just no accounting for SOME people.

Oh, did I mention cheap? We'll have to commiserate one of these days . . . and I might even be talking about some fellow employees!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: It takes all kinds! by Harborwitch (Oh Linda that's horr...)
Linda, that's a shame and no one has a right to treat you like that. I hope your daughter said "no thank you" when the woman tried to give the napkin back!

BTW, $8.00 for your special is incredibly reasonable. Let her go somewhere else.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: It takes all kinds! by Mare749 (Linda, that's a sham...)
Yes, next time, the *customers* involved should be shown the door. If you have to seat them, just tell them that the place is booked and suggest reservations for "the next time", which will, hopefully, be never again. Even if there are open tables, then say they are "reserved". And kindly.

I can't stand people who don't tip accordingly. These days it's not uncommon for restaurants to keep track computer-wise of customers who do this and that. Remember that.

"Waiter Rant" by Steve Dublanica. Read it, it's great. I really opens ones eyes to the Waitstaff, and restaurant, world.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: It takes all kinds! by BarbaraS (Yes, next time, the ...)
Actually I think all you need is a "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" sign. But - if her hubby was out on the course playing 18 holes and is a regular it might be hard.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: It takes all kinds! by Harborwitch (Actually I think all...)
Add 15% to the tab and say "you may add additional tip if the service was exceptional"---
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".