So off topic - but thought you'd like a happy pix.
  Re: (...)
There's a little tree right outside the driver's window of the motorhome here. We started watching a few weeks ago when Bob spotted this adorable "Momma" setting on her nest. Now there are two babies and poor "Momma" sits perched atop them keeping them snuggled up warm and well fed.

We're going to miss this neighbor! [Image: DSCN5985_edited-1.jpg]" /> I forgot to post the picture
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: So off topic - but thought you'd like a happy pix. by Harborwitch (There's a little tre...)
I know how you feel, Sharon. We have a nest in our backyard, second time since Spring. They are fun to watch.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: So off topic - but thought you'd like a happy pix. by Mare749 (I know how you feel,...)
We have a birdhouse in the back yard that is occupied, but we can't see yet what's in it....

Cute picture, Sharon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: So off topic - but thought you'd like a happy pix. by cjs (We have a birdhouse ...)
Great pic, Sharon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: So off topic - but thought you'd like a happy pix. by Gourmet_Mom (Great pic, Sharon!...)
Oh that is so precious!
  Re: So off topic - but thought you'd like a happy pix. by Harborwitch (There's a little tre...)
Happy watching Sharon!! It's so much fun!!

Well for the first time we're going to feed the birds through the summer.

We have one Momma Gold Finch and two Daddys. The finches - purple, house, wood, are out in droves. Two Downey Woodpeckers, Mama and Pappa, and one Red Bellied (male) woodie. Haven't really spotted the Mockingbirds lately.

Love the Gold Finches. We so have Hummingbirds that migrate through this region, but I haven't set up for them.

I just love spotting them!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: So off topic - but thought you'd like a happy pix. by BarbaraS (Happy watching Sharo...)
That's cool Barbara.

Our "neighbors" in front of us have two bird feeders out. We love watching the birds . . . but the dropped seed is drawing mice, and we're all having to battle the birds trying to nest in/on/under our RV's and RV awnings.

I'd love to put out hummingbird feeders again - alas we have to find the kind that don't attract wasps. Sheesh.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: So off topic - but thought you'd like a happy pix. by Harborwitch (That's cool Barbara....)
Sharon,

Have you heard of CATS? Neutered and Spayed from the local SPCA?

PM to you.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: So off topic - but thought you'd like a happy pix. by BarbaraS (Sharon,[br][br]Have ...)
Hey, that's right. Didn't you get a cat Sharon?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Well I tried to send you pm but it got wiped out.

If you're having problems with mice, try the local SCPA and foster some kitties and cats that have been fixed.

Maybe some of the residents will fall in love with them and adopt them!

Barbara