Rain, Rain, Delicious Rain!!!
  Re: (...)
We got nearly 2 inches overnite!!!We are still 15 inches behind, but hopefully this will help douse the wildfire that has burned 6000 acres and 40 homes just 10 miles from here and caused 1500 people to be evacuated---thank God for this delicious surprise!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Rain, Rain, Delicious Rain!!! by Old Bay (We got nearly 2 inch...)
Wow, oh, I so hope the tide has turned on those devastating fires across that part of the country. I just can't imagine what we'll find in October....

I want pictures of you'all dancing in the rain!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Rain, Rain, Delicious Rain!!! by cjs (Wow, oh, I so hope t...)
Great news, Bill! I wish I could send you some of our rain, we've had thunderstorms almost every day for 3 weeks.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Rain, Rain, Delicious Rain!!! by Lorraine (Great news, Bill! I...)
Good news, Bill! I stayed up late last night watching for an approaching storm. Alas, it went right around us again! Our situation isn't quite as bad as yours, but we're getting close. And the fires are starting to pop up. We've got one way north of us that has been burning since Father's Day....4,000 acres and another that has been burning for over a month....6,000+. Luckily, both are in wilderness areas, so homes are not in danger yet.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Rain, Rain, Delicious Rain!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Good news, Bill! I ...)
Daphne, it bypassed you and came straight to us! The thunder and lightening was incredible.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Rain, Rain, Delicious Rain!!! by Lorraine (Daphne, it bypassed ...)
It hit our area too! Lots of lightening and another downpour. Seems like it's been raining for weeks and flooding is a problem in some areas. Glad you finally got some rain there, Bill. Sounds like it's badly needed.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Rain, Rain, Delicious Rain!!! by Old Bay (We got nearly 2 inch...)
Bill that is such good news! Hopefully the "rain door" is opened and it will continue - just not flooding rain.

Take care everyone in the path of storms! We're sitting high & dry with blue skies and 80+!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Rain, Rain, Delicious Rain!!! by Harborwitch (Bill that is such go...)
Karyn, you're not blowing hard enough! That rain is not making it close enough to the coast!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Rain, Rain, Delicious Rain!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Karyn, you're not bl...)
I would have gladly shared some of April and May's bounty. We still don't have the driving range open, we had white caps on it in mid-April. I keep reminding myself that this has been a challenging spring, but it could have been so very much worse. We suffered no permanent damage and the course is intact not in little pieces like the tornado affected areas or under feet of water.

Hopefully, this will resolve some of your issues down there. Thinking good thoughts for you!
  Re: Re: Rain, Rain, Delicious Rain!!! by iBcookin (I would have gladly ...)
Wow! I'm glad you made it through!

Karyn! Wrong coast....that's Myrtle Beach. They've already had their fair share. Wow, the weatherman just announced we hit a record today of 100 degrees! Mercy! No wonder I almost fell out earlier today working in the kitchen! William almost had a heat stroke out working in this heat!
Daphne