Lobster
  Re: (...)
Okay, sorry if this is getting annoying, but really, I need help. I could only get two lobster tails today. They are not really that big. I've got two choices: pig out on them with a serious seafood bonanza with some shrimp or cook one with surf and turf (got some flank steak which we really like) and save the other for lobster rolls...which I LOVE! I want the biggest bang for my buck here. Now what would you do?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Lobster by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, sorry if this ...)
I don't know how big they are or how many you are serving--ideally I would make lobster rolls with the claws and for another meal have surf and turf with the tails--drawn butter!! Make lobster stock with the shells and little legs to make bouilabaise (sp?) later.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Lobster by Old Bay (I don't know how big...)
I think she only has the tails, Bill. Daphne, since you're so crazy about Lobster rolls, you really need to pamper yourself and have them. and/or

Lobster BLT
Paella (Laura recreated the Paella monster )
spring rolls with mango
raviioli (probably too hot to work with these)
deviled lobster
thermidor or newburg
Lobster-Stuffed Beef Tenderloin with Bearnaise Sauce (oh my, been years)
lobster cakes
lobster pot pie

that's all I can think of....have fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lobster by cjs (I think she only has...)
I will definitely be saving the shells for stock. I'm thinking I'll try to do surf and turf with one...William and I can split one with a flank steak...and use the other for lobster rolls. I need to figure out what's wrong with my roller for pasta. But you're right, Jean. I think it's probably too hot to mess with the ravioli. But that would be a good one!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lobster by Gourmet_Mom (I will definitely be...)
My vote - Pig out! That's what lobster is for