Balsamic Vinegar Martinis
  Re: (...)
I saw this the other day on our local news channel. We have had a few balsamic vinegar and olive oil shops open lately. They were featuring a new place and one of the recipes they features was this Balsamic Vinegar Martini.

She put into a martini glass just a small amount (about 1") into the bottom of a martini glass of Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar and for the rest she put in shaken vodka. Another one she added just club soda for a mocktail.

Of course you could probably use any flavor of balsamic vinegar you want to. I just thought this was interesting and plan to serve it at a next cocktail party. I must get to one of these stores, soon!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Balsamic Vinegar Martinis by luvnit (I saw this the other...)
We have some dark chocolate balsamic that is wonderful! I'll have to try the martini - might be interesting.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Balsamic Vinegar Martinis by luvnit (I saw this the other...)
There is a vinegar shop in Southern Calif. that we try to get to passing thru on our trips - they are so much fun.

the martinis sound like something to play with. You will report back, right? (after a few experiments?? hic)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Balsamic Vinegar Martinis by cjs (There is a vinegar s...)
Sounds like something William would LOVE! He drinks vinegar all the time anyway! The addition of vodka would just be an added perk...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Balsamic Vinegar Martinis by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds like somethin...)
Ingredients

3 oz vodka
A dash or two of aged balsamic vinegar
1 large, juicy strawberry
Orange twist

Put the balsamic in a bowl or plate and roll the strawberry in it ’til thoroughly coated.

Drop the strawberry into a very well-chilled glass
Vigorously shake the vodka over ice so that tiny ice crystals form Strain into your glass.
Twist the orange over the glass then rub it round the rim and discard.

I would soak the strawberry in the vinegar and then add the vinegar to the vodka and shake, use the strawberry as garnish.

Sounds divine!
  Re: Re: Balsamic Vinegar Martinis by DFen911 (Ingredients[br][br]3...)
This is the cocktail of choice tomorrow!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Balsamic Vinegar Martinis by Gourmet_Mom (This is the cocktail...)
does sound good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Balsamic Vinegar Martinis by cjs (does sound good....)
That sounds good. Hmmmmmm - wonder if Tonya has any balsamic down there - I know she's got a bucketload of strawberries.

Bob's reading this right now!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Balsamic Vinegar Martinis by DFen911 (Ingredients[br][br]3...)
I tried this recipe Denise, it is very, very good. Elegant and unique. Makes me want to try the blueberry balsamic vinegar even more!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Balsamic Vinegar Martinis by luvnit (I tried this recipe ...)
William is having one of these right now! He LOVES it! Thanks Denise!
Daphne