Issue 88 has arrived!
  Re: (...)
I'm so excited! It looks like a real winner to me, with lost of grilling ideas, and some recipes using pulled pork. I'm probably going to try:

All of the skewered delights (Caesar Salad Pasta with Grilled Shrimp & Crouton Skewers, Grilled Steak & Potato Kebabs, and Grilled Chicken Satay with Cucumber-Mango Rice)

The Blackened Dixie Tuna Sandwich (or some variation thereof...)

The Red Wine & Mushroom Sauce (for Steak)

The Mole BBQ Sauce

The Smoked Pork recipes also sounded good: Caramel Pork Stir-Fry, Pulled Pork Piccallini, & Hunter's Pork Stew.

There's also a fun State Fair Food article with corn dogs, fried chili pies, ranch cheese curds, and fried dough. They sound delicious but I'm trying really hard to not find the 20 pounds I lost last year!

My only disapointment is that we are headed out of town for my nephew's wedding early Wednesday, so I won't be able to give anything a try until after the 4th.

Has anyone else received their copy? What do you think?
  Re: Issue 88 has arrived! by karyn (I'm so excited! It l...)
Not yet - how funny, I just grabbed a hunk of pulled pork out of the freezer and went searching on MasterCook for some ideas to use it....days early, darn it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Issue 88 has arrived! by cjs (Not yet - how funny,...)
I'll have to check the box tomorrow. HOPING! It sounds really good.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Issue 88 has arrived! by Gourmet_Mom (I'll have to check t...)
My issue came today, too. They must change up the mailing rotation each issue because last time I was one of the last.

Only had a chance to leaf through, but it does look like a good issue with some fun things to try. Sure is going to be tough to avoid the State Fair goodies! The Caesar Salad Pasta dish that Karyn mentioned will probably be the first one I try.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Issue 88 has arrived! by Mare749 (My issue came today,...)
I do think they have changed because mine usually arrives early (I am AA). The cucumber-mango rice sounds intriguing as do the pork dishes. I wish it would have been here today because I am having company tomorrow and could have used a warm steak sauce to go with the cold sour cream, mustard dill sauce.

PS: I am always curious what folks are making so just in case there are other nosy folks like me. I am making chilled squash soup with tarragon cream (and shrimp maybe), the marinated flank steak from BA with sauce above, a revised version of my Orzo dish from the mystery box, watermelon-blueberry salad + several cookies tbd.
  Re: Re: Issue 88 has arrived! by Cubangirl (I do think they have...)
Mine came yesterday! Looking like a fun issue again. And, so timely for me. I haven't done much injection, so I'm all over this article. Buying a chicken today.

A lot of dog-eared pages in this one already.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Issue 88 has arrived! by cjs (Mine came yesterday!...)
Quote:

A lot of dog-eared pages in this one already.

Ouch! Was wondering why my ears hurt.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Issue 88 has arrived! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
WOW! I got mine today! Lots of yummy stuff in this one!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Issue 88 has arrived! by Gourmet_Mom (WOW! I got mine tod...)
AND, can you belive - just when I wanted to start playing with injecting meats/poultry they would come out with this article? I bought my chicken today and my syringe - watch out world.

folded ears, Labs - oh oh no longer a show dog, are you?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Issue 88 has arrived! by cjs (AND, can you belive ...)
Quote:

folded ears, Labs - oh oh no longer a show dog, are you?

No, bless your heart, I haven't been a show dog in years. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?