What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 6/28??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I pulled out the sweet peas yesterday, looking really tacky, and found a recipe I had forgotten about. Three Pea Stir-Fry from Gourmet mag. Jeannette made and liked it - didn't put a date on it, so don't remember how long ago.

A review mentions adding shrimp and red pepper to make a meal, so that's what I'm adding - over rice.

P.S. Just did a search - Jeannette made it just 1 1/2 weeks ago, so the recipe hasn't been sitting in MC long.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 6/28?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're leaving town early tomorrow to attend my nephew's wedding in Southern Oregon, so dinner tonight is leftovers.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 6/28?? by karyn (We're leaving town e...)
Safe Trip, Karyn! so close, but so far away!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 6/28?? by cjs (Safe Trip, Karyn! so...)
Travel safely, Karyn! I still haven't decided what to have with th corn casserole...finally got it all cut off the cob. Got about 5 pints....not bad for a bunch of odd balls. Anyway, I do have some pork tenderloin in the freezer. For some reason, that's sounding pretty good right now. Off to decide how I want to prepare it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 6/28?? by karyn (We're leaving town e...)
Safe travels Karyn!

I had fantastic plans for dinner tonight, but I'm going to cop out and do "Lazy Stuffed Cabbage" that I found on an RV forum. I'm only making half the recipe and I'm sure I'll make a few changes - but it sounds simple and quick. I'll let you know how it comes out.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 6/28?? by Harborwitch (Safe travels Karyn![...)
Hot dogs and baked beans. I got some German weiners from The Sausage Shop in my old neighborhood. We'll put them on the grill, or course. Yum.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 6/28?? by Mare749 (Hot dogs and baked b...)
Oh boy, Jeannette, that three-pea stirfry is a wonderful, light dinner. I did add some shrimp and red bells and had it over rice. Drizzled with Sweet Asian Chili Sauce and we really scarfed it down. Only enough leftovers for Roy... darn.
www.achefsjourney.com