Hoisin BBQ Pork
  Re: (...)
This is from Cuisine Tonight for Two Vol. 2. I haven't seen where this has been reviewed anywhere, so I thought I'd do it. It was that good! It has a lot of ingredients similar to a recipe Labs posted minus the soy sauce for one.

The only change I made for this one was that I just cut the pork tenderloin into medallions and cooked them on the grill minus the skewers. I also put the meat in the glaze ingredients for 2 hours before grilling. I grilled for 4-5 minutes, dipped in the glaze again and grilled another 4 minutes. The flavor was excellent. I will do this one again. It was VERY fast and easy. The corn casserole was awesome as usual!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Hoisin BBQ Pork by Gourmet_Mom (This is from Cuisine...)
Sounds good, Daphne. Ron loves anything with hoisin. How thick did you cut your medallions? You must have used a pretty low flame to cook because hoisin burns so quickly. I usually have to put hoisin on at the last moment because of that.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Hoisin BBQ Pork by Mare749 (Sounds good, Daphne....)
mmmm, that does sound good. What corn casserole? new one?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hoisin BBQ Pork by cjs (mmmm, that does soun...)
My grill uses indirect heat, Maryann, so I could marinate the pork in it. The directions has you brush it on after it's on the grill. The medallions were about half an inch. The directions had you cut the tenderloin in strips to skewer. I wanted a little char, but not get too done. The medallions worked perfectly.

The corn casserole was from Pioneer Woman. It reminds me of one William's grandmother used to make. Very simple and basic, but super yummy. Fresh Corn Casserole If you scroll down to the bottom, you'll see the recipe without all the commentary.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hoisin BBQ Pork by Gourmet_Mom (My grill uses indire...)
Add crushed saltines to the top and you have what I grew up on and darn near what's on page 161 of Black Beans & Corn.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hoisin BBQ Pork by cjs (Add crushed saltines...)
In Toronto, I used to marinate a whole pork tenderloin in hoisin for several hours. I cooked it on a gas grill over indirect heat, it was always fabulous. As long as you don't overcook it.And, the hoisin never burnt.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Hoisin BBQ Pork by Lorraine (In Toronto, I used t...)
Good to know, Lorraine, I'm going to have to try that one of these days. Ron just loves hoisin!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Hoisin BBQ Pork by cjs (Add crushed saltines...)
Quote:

Add crushed saltines to the top and you have what I grew up on and darn near what's on page 161 of Black Beans & Corn.....

OMG!! That is so good Jean - I think I still have more of everything to make it!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Hoisin BBQ Pork by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
shoot, I haven't had this forever! guess it's time for some good ole comfort food!
www.achefsjourney.com