What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/29??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

We're having a pkg. of Paella from the freezer.

Just a note on the three-pea stirfry from yesterday. We had leftovers from it and for our 'bowl of soup' last night, I had picked up a box of Butternut Squash soup from Trader Joe's a few days ago - heated that up and added the leftovers from the pea stirfry plus a little (4 oz.) pkg. of lamb sausage. My, what a great little soup. Maybe another fast idea for you Dhapne. At least a fast meal #2. Altho, you can get much faster than the original stirfry.
(wait, there is a meal/lunch #3 - the leftover leftovers for tonight.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/29?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Jean, you are making me want to go to TJ's really soon! I always stock up on that soup.

It got cooler here, so we're having old-fashioned spaghetti and meatballs tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/29?? by Mare749 (Jean, you are making...)
I'm searching for a chicken recipe. Nothing has jumped out at me so far, though.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/29?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm searching for a ...)
Wish we had a TJ or Whole Foods within reasonable driving distance... Maybe some day!

Tonight is Book Club night. Host and her husband are good cooks, so whatever they make with be nice. This month we read Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. I have no idea why it won the Pulitzer Prize! Didn't care for it at all.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/29?? by HomeCulinarian (Wish we had a TJ or ...)
Jeannette, you were a.w.o.l. the day this week I made the three-pea stir-fry you had reviewed a few weeks ago. We loved it and we're getting three meals out of it. Thanks for mentioning it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/29?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm searching for a ...)
Quote:

I'm searching for a chicken recipe. Nothing has jumped out at me so far, though.

Someone to whom I gave a sample of the banana ketchup suggested it would be great on wings. Going to have to try that.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/29?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I found a recipe for Vietnamese Sticky Chicken on Epicurious that sounds interesting, so that's dinner tonight.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/29?? by Gourmet_Mom (I found a recipe for...)
Oooooh that sounds good Daphne.

Bob went out and played golf today - so we wound up meeting at the 19th hole (the bar at the restaurant ) Beer and poppers - so leftovers and appies tonight!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/29?? by Gourmet_Mom (I found a recipe for...)
Quote:

I found a recipe for Vietnamese Sticky Chicken on Epicurious that sounds interesting, so that's dinner tonight.

Definitely want to hear your review of this one. Sounds great! GMTA, too: when I brought up this page, the right half of your message was covered by another window, so all I saw of the first line was, "I found a recipe for Vietnamese Sticky Chicken on Epicurious" and I actually said, out loud, "Wow! That sounds interesting."

Then I moved the other window out of the way and found that you had written the same thing. ROTFL!

So now, even more, I have to hear how that recipe turned out!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 6/29?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh my! This recipe was really good! I like char on my grilled chicken and this recipe truly delivered! I did mine on the grill and cooked way more than a minute. I just sliced the large breasts in half crosswise. A minute must have been a typo. I think I saw another typo in there, also.

I would probably add a little more of the hot stuff into the mix. And it wouldn't hurt to marinate it longer. But the flavor was definitely there and was very tasty and moist. It was quick, too. So this one is going in the Fast and Easy Cookbook for sure. Definite repeat! I'd give it a 9 anyhow!

Here's the recipe. Vietnamese Sticky Chicken I didn't do the pickles...just feeling lazy. Plus, I got to thinking of the recipe from one of the reviews, and I figured that would probably be better.
Daphne