What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/3?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm making Momofuku's Fried Chicken with Momofuku's Octo Vinaigrette recipe - whay does this name sound so familiar?
It's from a book of the same name, by Chef David Chang and Peter Meehan - started it yesterday and will finish it up today.

Just googled it, duh, and evidently "momofuku" means lucky peach. and there seems to be restaurants of this name all over in the East, mostly noodle places. So, maybe that's where I've heard the name.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/3? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well my menu kinda got shifted around The injected chicken will be Wednesday. I was gonna do a big tri-tip roast in the smoker, but the darn thing is still frozen in the fridge so hopefully tomorrow it'll be thawed and ready to go.

The bulgogi beef was going to be tomorrow's dinner, but that's been moved to Tuesday. BTW if anyone has that recipe handy I would love you

So tonight I have a rack of pork ribs that I think I'll put on the grill, I guess I could smoke em...last two batches of ribs in the smoker didn't come out so good.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/3? by DFen911 (Well my menu kinda g...)
Denise, do you want mine, Lab's, or the C@H recipe for the Bulgogi? I may have all three in MC.

Since the neighbors usually have hot dogs for the Fourth of July, I decided to grill burgers. I have a little lettuce to use up, broccoli-broccoli salad, and fresh corn on the cob. I'm trying to talk William into Peach Ice Cream. I'm pleading that I could just use a lower fat version instead of the full fat version with all the cream and half and half.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/3? by DFen911 (Well my menu kinda g...)
Hey Denise, if you want to add something to your smoker, we loved the potatoes that I did. Just added a touch of smokiness.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/3? by cjs (Hey Denise, if you w...)
I'm thawing some ribs that we smoked a few weeks back. Those and a nice mixed salad will probably be it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/3? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Aaaahhhhh! Tonight is Kuamoto & Myagyi Oysters on the half shell, grilled salmon and corn on the cob.

Grilled salmon, corn on the cob and fingerling potato blue cheese salad.

Saving the oysters for tomorrow! It was a long day today and too pooped to get it all together

Boy it was good though!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/3? by Harborwitch (Aaaahhhhh! Tonight ...)
Well, Momofuku's Fried Chicken isn't something to make everyday of the year, but for a treat of a fried chicken - wow, this is it.
[Image: MomofukuChicken.jpg]

cut your chicken in 8 pcs and steam them for 40 minutes. Lest rest overnight, then deep fry, remove and let drain in a warm oven. Then you toss the chicken pieces with this mixture -

Momofuku's Octo Vinaigrette

2 T. finely chopped garllic
1 T. finely chipped peeled ginger
1 Thai chili
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup usukuchi (light soy)
2 T. neutral oil
1/4 tsp. sesame oil
1 1/2 T. sugar
Fresh ground black pepper

That's it and wow, what a wonderful flavor it added to the chicken. A bottle of Trader Joe's Sake and what a great meal.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/3? by cjs (Well, Momofuku's Fri...)
That sounds and looks really good, Jean! William will be all over this!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/3? by cjs (Well, Momofuku's Fri...)
I love David Chang - that fried chicken sounds really really good! I've been craving fried chicken - this sounds like a perfect way to fix that!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!