Tortilla Pizza!!
  Re: (...)
I'm so impressed with my own self. I need to continue testing pizzas, but all that pizza dough??????????? I think not. So, I used a whole wheat tortilla for, as Roy put it, "a good 'footprint' for testing pizzas," - don't you love that?

I grilled veggies yesterday along with a couple Johnsonville brat and this was our pizza -
[Image: CIMG1099.jpg]
Grilled Vegetable Tortilla Pizza

Layer on each whole wheat tortilla:

Creole sauce
Cheddar and jack cheese, about 1 oz. of each
1/2 Johnsonville Brat, cut in half lengthwise, then thinly sliced into half moons
Grilled 1/3 of a red potato thinly sliced
A spear of grilled Zucchini (about 1/4 of whole one)
1/6 of a grilled red bell pepper
1/2 slice grilled onions, about 1/2” thick
1/2 slice of grilled eggplant, sliced about 1/2 “ thick
1/2 oz. mozzarella cheese
2 T. shredded Romano cheese
Black Pepper

Bake at 400°F. for 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted.

-----

I'm feeling so virtuous now as I think of pizza toppings to try. This is a great combination.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tortilla Pizza!! by cjs (I'm so impressed wit...)
WHAT A GREAT IDEA! I love your pizza, but I love the idea of using the tortilla instead of dough! Tell Roy, he's got a real way with words...."footprint"...LOL! What a great way to describe it...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tortilla Pizza!! by Gourmet_Mom (WHAT A GREAT IDEA! ...)
Tortilla pizzas are great, but they're even better with the local, hand-made, flour tortillas than with any store-bought tortillas. If you don't have access to hand-made tortillas and don't want to make them yourself, you can get a pretty close approximation if you can find the thicker type of flour tortillas called gorditas.

In addition to being great test pizzas, they are also tasty, economic meals when you have too much month left at the end of your money.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tortilla Pizza!! by labradors (Tortilla pizzas are ...)
"but they're even better with the local, hand-made, flour tortillas than with any store-bought tortillas." - I think that goes without saying.

I've got a couple of tortilla recipes thicker and thinner in one of my books and they are fun to make, but not when I'm havin' fun with champagne....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tortilla Pizza!! by cjs ("but they're even be...)
LOL!

What's great about the thicker ones is that they are closer to the consistency of a thin-crust pizza, while the commercial, thin tortillas are just too thin.
  Re: Re: Tortilla Pizza!! by labradors (LOL![br][br]What's g...)
Funny you should bring this up. I was just dreaming up a pizza in my head the other night involving a pita to make a gyro pizza. That was as far as I got though.

Anyway, I like your idea and will try it soon.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tortilla Pizza!! by Mare749 (Funny you should bri...)
Make a vegetarian pizza that way and you could have a pita pizza that would be particularly pleasing to PETA. LOL!
  Re: Re: Tortilla Pizza!! by labradors (Make a vegetarian pi...)
That would only work for me, Labs. I can go without meat, but Ron, not in a million years.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Tortilla Pizza!! by cjs (I'm so impressed wit...)
Great idea Jean & great "terminology" Roy! That looks really good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tortilla Pizza!! by Harborwitch (Great idea Jean & gr...)
Wouldn't work very long for me, either, Maryann. When I do my economy meal, I use hard salami, since I like the flavour of it better than pepperoni on this kind of pizza.