What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/7??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I have some of the C@H's Injected chicken pieces in the freezer along with a couple of Barley Risotto cakes and a green salad will do us.

Speaking of injected - my injected smoked Rib Eye turned out perfectly. Altho, next time I'll use a little less flavors, went a little overboard this time, but tasty.

[Image: InjectedandSmokedRibEye.jpg]

when I slice it today, I may have to try a little with the bacon jam.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/7?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Oh my! Doesn't that look good! Drool Drool!

We decided dinner was just going to be too late last night, so the Caesar Salad Pasta with Grilled Shrimp and Croûtons is on for tonight instead. I'll do a review on another thread.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/7?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my! Doesn't that...)
I showed that picture to Ron last night when I was on FB. He was speechless except for "wow" So, how long did it take to smoke?

Dinner tonight is going to be a tapas of leftovers. That's a nicer way of saying an odd bunch of this and that with a salad on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/7?? by Mare749 (I showed that pictur...)
Oh, I like that - we have 'tapas' a lot around here!! (I bet I could work that into the leftover book title.........)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/7?? by cjs (Oh, I like that - we...)
Meatball subs and a green salad here.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/7?? by Trixxee (Meatball subs and a ...)
I think we're going to try the Grilled Steak & Potato Kebabs from the current issue.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/7?? by karyn (I think we're going ...)
I'm sorry Maryann - I neglected to answer your question. I smoked the pieces (each between 3 1/2 and 4 3/4 lbs.) for 3 hours to a temp. of 99° to 105° then put in a 400° oven, turn the oven off and leave the roasts (I did 2 at a time) in for 20 minutes. PERFECT!!

Here it is after I sliced it just now -
[Image: SlicedSmokeRibEye.jpg]

Anyone remember Scotty/Maurice from the old forum? Anyway, he suggested I keep back to steaks and put on a screaming hot grill just for grill marks then sit back and enjoy a smoked rib eye steak. So, that's what's in the foreground. We'll have them tomorrow night!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/7?? by cjs (I'm sorry Maryann - ...)
Well, this is pathetic. I picked up William's new iPhone today. What with playing with that, dinner has gone on the back burner again! I don't dare try a new recipe after several glasses of wine, now....LOL!

Oh well! I did make a final decision about what I was going to get. I'm going to use my yearly bonus for an iPad. I can't wait. I found out that in addition to Nook, I can get Kindle, and all other book downloads, a Photoshop type application for my camera, plus a lot of other stuff the Nook Color didn't offer.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/7?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, this is pathet...)
Jean, it looks fabulous!! Clean out the fridge night before we go away. I cut lots of lettuce, so made a simple vin with OO and Sherry vinergar, croutons from rosemary faccaccia, and shredded gruyere. For him, I'm heating small tortillas that he will fill with brisket,. cherry tomatoes from the garden, our letuce, and cheese. And for me, a side of instant pasta. I love the stuff.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/7?? by Lorraine (Jean, it looks fabul...)
Jean, I'm going to have to give that a try. It looks wonderful! Did you do a low & slow smoke (225-250), or were your smoker temperatures higher?