Issue #88 - Grilled Steak and Potato Kebabs Review
  Re: (...)
This was really tasty. A solid 8, and definitely a keeper for when I'm in the mood for summery steak and potatoes. Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures because I'm out of batteries....grrr. Let's just say mine wasn't as pretty as the pictures in the magazine, but it didn't look bad!

I served it with the accompanying Tomato and Watercress Salad, and the flavors complimented each other really well. I did make a few minor modifications:

- I only added 3/4 t of red pepper flakes to the chimichurri. One teaspoon sounded like a lot. I thought the heat was perfect with 3/4 teaspoon.

- For the salad, I marinated the onions in the dressing while I was grilling. I do this often, both to tame the onions a bit, and to allow me to go really light on dressing. I just toss the marinated onions with the greens and it seems to work out just the way I like it. I hate over-dressed salads.

I really love it when all of the flavors on a plate make everything taste better!
  Re: Issue #88 - Grilled Steak and Potato Kebabs Review by karyn (This was really tast...)
Looks good, thinking of doing this for a girls lunch. Thanks for the review!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Issue #88 - Grilled Steak and Potato Kebabs Review by pjcooks (Looks good, thinking...)
Thanks for the review, Karyn! I love the idea of marinating the onions to use to dress the salad instead of drowning it in dressing.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Issue #88 - Grilled Steak and Potato Kebabs Review by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the revie...)
Such a good looking dish, also. Sounds good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Issue #88 - Grilled Steak and Potato Kebabs Review by cjs (Such a good looking ...)
Great review and I agree on the pepper flakes. If it calls for a tsp I usually only do 1/2. The onion trick is great!!