T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/8?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for ya'll today? (darn, Bill, I pick that up whenever you're around. )

I'm going to get the grill as hot as possible and throw those two (or to) smoked rib eyes on for dinner!! Yum. Now, what for a side?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/8? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Right now I'm thinking of roasting some eggplant and tomatoes and maybe some black olives and toss over some pesto covered farfalle, served room tempish?
But it's early and this could change. One of you may tempt me to do something else LOL
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/8? by farnfam (Right now I'm thinki...)
Well, now that I finally have all the ingredients for the Caesar Salad Pasta, William will probably be staying out at the farm. Now, to decide whether to have it anyway, or wait until tomorrow and fix a steak instead? I'll probably do the steak. He would be so disappointed.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/8? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, now that I fin...)
Definitely something with chicken, perhaps Chicken Diane?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/8? by Trixxee (Definitely something...)
I'm doing Drunken Noodles with a variation. I cannot find rice noodles to save my life here so using fettucine noodles..should be interesting
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/8? by DFen911 (I'm doing Drunken No...)
We're grilling pork chops that have been marinating all day, rice pilaf and steamed asparagus.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/8? by Mare749 (We're grilling pork ...)
I decided to wait. William loaded a new tank on the grill, so I'll be grilling a flank steak and fix a salad and corn on the cob for sides. The leftover steak will give me something to play with Sunday.
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/8? by Gourmet_Mom (I decided to wait. ...)
Oh my, bless Scottie's (aka Maurice) heart - searing the smoked rib eye was wonderful and all we had with it was grilled zucc & onions and watermelon.....

[Image: SmokedRibEyeSteakandgrilledveggies.jpg]

And, we ended up just sitting talking and finishing the bottle of Rosenblum '06 Zin - wonderful with steaks and just talking.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/8? by cjs (Oh my, bless Scottie...)
Wow! That looks great! Is that what you'll do tomorrow? What was it like when you cut into it. I prefer my steaks pink in the middle at least.
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/8? by Gourmet_Mom (Wow! That looks gre...)
I've gotta try that smoked ribeye. It looks incredible!

We had grilled chicken over a salad of arugula, watermelon and feta with garlic bread on the side. It was really tasty.