What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/9??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

It's party time for us - now, if the weather will cooperate...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/9?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean, sometimes, I forget the time difference. Isn't it about 5 am there?

I have been planning that Caesar Salad Pasta with Grilled Shrimp and Croƻtons for 3 days....LOL! I'm making it today or bust!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/9?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, sometimes, I f...)
Fingers crossed you get to it today!! Yeah, it's now 6 a.m. and I'm ready to start pulling goodies from the freezer and finishing up some dishes.

Sharon and Bob should be here about noon and Marye and Terry, about 1 or 2 - and the party will begin. I put a great big sign on a cupboard, " TAKE GROUP PICTURE" - I always end up forgetting to do that.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/9?? by cjs (Fingers crossed you ...)
VERY COOL! I can't wait to see everybody together! I am so jealous you guys get to have such a yummy dinner! Don't work too hard Jean and have fun!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/9?? by Gourmet_Mom (VERY COOL! I can't ...)
Oh Jean, I am jealous too! You're getting company

We're all set for another week in the wilderness. I've got the menu planned, shopped for and just about packed....but for today, I'm a blank. Guess I'll just peruse the fridge and do something with whatever's in there that won't wait till we get home
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/9?? by Gourmet_Mom (VERY COOL! I can't ...)
Have fun Jean! It sounds wonderful!!

We're going into Atlanta to celebrate a friend's birthday. We'll go out for an early dinner and then see Rock of Ages at the Fox Theater. It should be a lot of fun!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/9?? by karyn (Have fun Jean! It so...)
Two of my childhood friends (sisters) are having a 90th birthday party for their mom and it's being catered by an Italian restaurant, so probably all kinds of yummy things to eat.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/9?? by karyn (Have fun Jean! It so...)
Daphne me too! Hahaha However I'm not putting the bread on the skewers. I'm keeping that on the side as Laura brought me home some very, very nice olive oil so we're gonna dip our bread in that with fresh pepper.

I'm going to be real interested to see how the pasta salad comes out. Part of me says serve cool rather than hot, might even grill the shrimp this afternoon and chill those too. Sun is brewing too!

I hope you guys all have fun....oh heck I know you will!!! So wish we could be up there...have a glass (or two...or three) of wine for me
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/9?? by cjs (Fingers crossed you ...)
Second mistake - taking the freakin' ferry. We've been waiting in line so long that two ferries have left.

We're on our way. Just paid our fee and we're in line. I think . . . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!