What's for Dinner, Sunday, 7/10??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

one word from here.................LEFTOVERS

I'll post later, we're sitting outside around the fire drinking champagne and contemplating what to have for brunch. Marye had an accident on the ferry, wrenched her knee and spent a few hours at Port Angeles Hospital - they stopped by the house for a couple of minutes before heading home. She was so uncomfortable and in pain. darn, we felt so badly for her.

Sharon & Bob are here - great party, big happenings, will tell and post pictures later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 7/10?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
So glad your party went well, except for what happened to Marye! What a bummer! Sure hope she is on the mend and not laid up with that too long.

Jean, it's so darn hot here, I can't imagine sitting on the patio with a fire. I think I would like living in your climate. And I know, I'd sure like to be your neighbor! Have fun with Sharon and Bob. Can't wait to see the pix!

We're leaving shortly for my in-laws. They are cooking ribs and asked us over. I'm hoping our kids get home from camping soon, as I'd like to take a couple of the grandies with me!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 7/10?? by Mare749 (So glad your party w...)
I've been hearing crickets in here all afternoon...LOL!

Marye, I hope you're okay! What a shame!

Jean, it sounds like the party was a hit! I, too, can't wait to see the pics and hear more! You four have fun and don't get into too much trouble...LOL! I agree with Maryann, ITS HOT!!!!! And the humidity is terrible! But I'm going to brave the elements and grill!

I didn't post this earlier, because I wanted to make sure it was actually going to happen this time. I am finally going to do the Caesar dish...LOL! I got ready to prep yesterday and realized there was way more anchovy in the recipe than I realized. MERCY! But everything is prepped and ready to go! Review later! Denise hasn't said how it turned out. I hope it was good.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 7/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (I've been hearing cr...)
What happened? I never saw another post about the visit except for where Sharon and Bob were waiting for the ferry...?

Edit - Ah just reread Jean's post...gosh I need to read more thoroughly before I post.

Poor Marye!!!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 7/10?? by DFen911 (What happened? I nev...)
Hi Everyone -
Wasn't that something - as i was getting back into my car on the ferry I heard
something pop in my knee - and the pain was just terrible - but I had hoped
it would get better. But by the time we got over to PA - I could not walk on it. went to hospital - not broken - just sprained - I didn't want to spoil
Jeans party - and I was in a lot of pain - we stopped by for a minute long
enough for pictures and to meet Sharon - I am so disapointed as I wanted to go to this party - we were sent on our way with plates full of appys and desserts we ate everything when waiting for the ferry and along the way -
and it was all good! So will go see my Doctor tomarrow and see what else can be done. -
thanks for all the good wishes.
Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 7/10?? by mjkcooking (Hi Everyone - [br]W...)
Marye I'm so glad I got to meet you - even if it was only for a few minutes. We're up here for a while so I'll hope that there'll be other times.

All I can say right now is BURP! I don't have my card reader with me so you'll all just have to wait for Jean in the morning. I think it's going to be salad and sparkling water for a few days for me. Teaser . . . grapes on the grill!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 7/10?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
OMG
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 7/10?? by Old Bay (OMG [img]/ubbthreads...)
In Baltimore for a few days, so they picked up a bushel of Maryland Blue Crabs and a few dozen corn.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 7/10?? by Lorraine (In Baltimore for a f...)
A match made in heaven!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 7/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (A match made in heav...)
Yup, and the next day they bought soft shell crabs, so made sandwiches.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.