Caesar Salad Pasta- Review
  Re: (...)
Well, this was a pleasant surprise. Of course, I made the Grilled Shrimp and Croûton suggested side. This is from the current Issue 88, August 2011 pages 8-9. I wanted to try this one, because it looked good and sounded so off the wall. Salad pasta?

Changes:
-I used green onion instead of shallots because that's what I had. Shallots are hard to get around here.
-I didn't have jumbo shrimp. And I probably used a lot more shrimp than the recipe called for, but I had plenty of the lemon oil.
-I skewered the shrimp and croûtons separately. Not as pretty that way, but it just made sense. I could control the cooking of each easier that way.

Recommendations:
-To be honest, I don't think I would change a thing. I haven't had it cold, as Denise hinted at in an earlier post, so I can't say anything about that yet. I'll update this post after I have lunch.

Rating:
I'll give this one an 8. It was good, pretty simple, but a little too much for weeknight fare. But I would do it again for a change. Here's the picture.

[Image: CaesarPasta.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Caesar Salad Pasta- Review by Gourmet_Mom (Well, this was a ple...)
Thanks Daphne, that looks really good and is on my to-do list. Now I'm really looking forward to it. Not sure I would like it cold. Maybe room temp would be okay. Anxious to hear what Denise has to say about this.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Caesar Salad Pasta- Review by Gourmet_Mom (Well, this was a ple...)
Daphne, It looks delicious! I don't think I have even really looked at the last issue. Will need to check this recipe out.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Caesar Salad Pasta- Review by esgunn (Daphne, It looks de...)
So made this last night. The only thing I did different was I did not put the bread on the skewers with the shrimp.

This was a GREAT recipe. We gave it a 9 and everyone wants it again The sauce is really good, I could not find canned anchovies so had to use anchovy paste which worked very well. I know how sauces are in most recipes so I did 1 and half times the amount which was perfect.

Do be sure to add the romaine off heat so it won't wilt too much. You basically just want to get some that good sauce on the leaves. But it adds such a nice crunch.

I did a double batch for left overs and it's just as good cold...well not right out of the fridge cold. I think I heated it up for like 30 seconds to take the edge off.
  Re: Re: Caesar Salad Pasta- Review by DFen911 (So made this last ni...)
Denise, I did it for like a minute, and that worked fine for lunch. I agree that more of the sauce would have been good. BTW, I used anchovies, something I REALLY don't like....hairy little buggers! I almost called William into the kitchen to chop them up....ewwww! Anyway, I was pleased that they really did melt away and looked just like the paste in the end....thankfully!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Caesar Salad Pasta- Review by Gourmet_Mom (Denise, I did it for...)
Oh my, a must on my list....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Caesar Salad Pasta- Review by cjs (Oh my, a must on my...)
Nice review Daphne. Very thorough. Great!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Caesar Salad Pasta- Review by luvnit (Nice review Daphne. ...)
Very good, not great. Do the shrimp and croutons on seperate skewers. Eat it all when you cook it--leftovers were blah. I give it a 7 out of 10.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".