The Weekend with Jean & Roy & The Party
  Re: (...)
WOW! Have I said before that Jean & Roy are the most wonderful hostess & host in the world??? WOW! We had the most wonderful weekend - so many memories, so many calories, so much fun. There was more incredible food and wine than you could believe.

Right now we're catching up on some news and then off to bed. 5am is going to come really early!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: The Weekend with Jean & Roy & The Party by Harborwitch (WOW! Have I said be...)
I'm so glad you had a great visit! I only wish more of us could have joined you...
  Re: Re: The Weekend with Jean & Roy by karyn (I'm so glad you had ...)
Same here! One of these days....
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: The Weekend with Jean & Roy by Mare749 (Same here! One of t...)
YUP!!! We'd have a ball!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: The Weekend with Jean & Roy by Harborwitch (YUP!!! We'd have a ...)
LIttle by little we'll all meet - at the "ibcookin Country Club Retirement home" if not before.

Thanks, Sharon - we had a great time with you and Bob and everyone this weekend...except Marye and Terry! darn.

I'll have some pictures in a couple of days.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Weekend with Jean & Roy by cjs (LIttle by little we'...)
Sooner rather than later, I hope! I'm glad you guys had a great weekend! It's a shame Marye and Terry had to cut their trip short. I wonder how Marye's doing? I hope she's okay.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: The Weekend with Jean & Roy by Gourmet_Mom (Sooner rather than l...)
I doubt she can work for a while, so she'll probably come on and let us know how she's doing.

One little tease of how wild the party got - I was out with our wonderful company when I heard Roy's roar from in the kitchen where he was opening a bottle of his Raspberry Sparkling (which is wonderful by the way)......

This is what I saw when I reluctantly went in to see what was happening - this was my floor
[Image: KITCHENONE-1.jpg]

and the ceiling -
[Image: KITCHENSEVEN.jpg]

and it sprayed the cupboards, down the hallway into the pantry - the whole half of the kitchen was covered!! It was so bad, we couldn't do anything but laugh.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Weekend with Jean & Roy by cjs (I doubt she can work...)
"he was opening a bottle of his Raspberry Sparkling (which is wonderful by the way)......" You mean there was some left in the bottle to sample? LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: The Weekend with Jean & Roy by Gourmet_Mom ("he was opening a bo...)
Yup, a little taste for a few. Now, the painting of the kitchen has moved up a few numbers....it was not high on the list before this weekend.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Weekend with Jean & Roy by cjs (Yup, a little taste ...)
Nothing like a little accident to push up a project...LOL! I can't believe there was any left...ROFLOL! What did Roy look like?
Daphne