What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

It's raining here again!! I'm getting tired of grilling in the rain, so guess it'll be something else. darn. I'll look for inspiration from ya'all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/16?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I just don't know what sides to do! HMMM?

The main course is lobster stuffed beef tenderloin! I'm grilling another lobster tail for lobster rolls tomorrow, so I need to get on bread baking asap! Popcorn bread is on the list today!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We're having the Potato Crust Quiche tonight. It makes for great and easy leftover.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/16?? by BarbaraS (We're having the Pot...)
Wow, you two - you're making me hungry even tho I'm filled with heartburn after the mishmash of a breakfast I ate.

I sure wish this was last Saturday morning and we were just finishing up for the party AND Marye could be oh so careful as she gets in her car. It was such a fun day.

But, it's not, so I'm doing a little recipe testing tonight - a friend who worked at a winery a few years ago gave me a recipe for a Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad, so that'll be our dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/16?? by cjs (Wow, you two - you'r...)
We're going to hit the county fair for lunch, a few rides, wine tasting and people gawking (I mean watching - LOL) and then we're going with another recipe from the grilling book - mojo marinated pork tacos. This is the one where you put some refried beans and cheese on the tortilla and then grill the tortilla for a minute or two.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/16?? by Trixxee (We're going to hit t...)
Oh man, Trixxee, what you are doing to me. I sure don't remember seeing this one. Off to look.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/16?? by cjs (Oh man, Trixxee, wha...)
You are all killing me. We were going to do the injected chicken today - but one thing led to another, and with my shortage of refer space we'll have this tomorrow.

I think tonight is going to be crispy fried basa, fried green tomatoes, and maybe green beans. If the weather changes back for the good again we'll have the appy I planned - cedar planked brie.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/16?? by Harborwitch (You are all killing ...)
Well, William had a little too much fun at the farm today...lots of company. One brought a big ol' batch of Brandy Alexanders! Anyway, I decided he wouldn't appreciate the tenderloin tonight, so I'm saving it for tomorrow. Looks like I'm having leftovers!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Tonight I'm making Asian chicken skewers w/ plum BBQ sauce (C@H-June 2006) and a side of steamed Julienned carrots.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/16?? by losblanos1 (Tonight I'm making A...)
We wound up sitting outside visiting - it's after 9 and I'm not really inspired to cook anything.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!