If You Had, .....Woulld You????
  Re: (...)
Use of leftovers - I grilled veggies: dry onion, sliced; tomatoes, halved; red bell pepper, one cut in 8 strips; crimini mushrooms, 6 left whole; green onions, 6 or 8.

I basted these veggies as they grilled with the marinade (which I've been using for grilling veggies since I found it) of honey, dry white wine, garlic, thyme, s&p.

Then, we had a pasta dish (whole wheat spaghetti, carrots, green onion, l/o diced chicken, sesame seeds, mayo, sesame oil)

regardless of the marinade and/or the flavors in l/o pasta, I think this leftover pasta torta would work....I hope.

Here's the link to the making of the torta....geez, I hope this works (and if it doesn't right off the bat, I will delete this entire thing.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/cjd...=slideshow

Given you had approximate ingredients, would you make this for a leftover dinner??????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: If You Had, .....Woulld You???? by cjs (Use of leftovers - I...)
Sure looks good to me! How was it?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: If You Had, .....Woulld You???? by cjs (Use of leftovers - I...)
Good Grief Jean!!!!! That looks and sounds amazing. I would make it, in a heartbeat!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: If You Had, .....Woulld You???? by Gourmet_Mom (Sure looks good to m...)
Excuse me? if it wasn't good, would I have posted this??????????????????????????

Well, would you or wouldn't you??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: If You Had, .....Woulld You???? by Gourmet_Mom (Sure looks good to m...)
Well of course it was

But I'm impressed with the fact she has finally "conquered" putting picture up and not having all kinds of problems. Congrats Mom another "goal" accomplished.
  Re: Re: If You Had, .....Woulld You???? by madmax (Well of course it wa...)
Here's the recipe written up - make sense? The how to pictures that will be included with recipe:

pictures are seen in the above link -

I hope the ‘how to’ pictures help you visualize making the torta. You can make use of any leftover pasta (mine was the Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad from page 91) and leftover grilled vegetables. Any grilled veggies will work, as will using the combination of cheese that you prefer. Below is a list of leftover grilled vegetables and cheese ~ this is just a list of approximates, use what you have and/or like, I just happened to have these amounts left.

Using an 8-inch cake pan or baking dish:
1 1/2 to 2 cups leftover from a pasta entrée, roughly chop the pasta
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tomato halves, grilled and chopped
2 Tablespoons (1/2 oz.) provolone, diced
1/2 cup (2 oz.) cheddar cheese, diced
2 green onions, grilled and chopped
2 slices yellow onion, about 1/2” thick, grilled and chopped
2 crimini mushrooms, grilled and sliced
2 slices red bell pepper (about 1/3 of a pepper), grilled and chopped
1/3 cup (1 1/2 oz.) grated Parmesan, Asiago or Romano cheese
A good grinding of black pepper
2 teaspoons dried basil, sprinkled over
Drizzle of Extra-Virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine the chopped pasta with the beaten egg and press into an 8-inch cake or spring-form pan that has been oiled or sprayed with cooking spray. Prebake this ‘crust’ for 10 minutes; remove from oven and layer the grilled vegetables and cheese over the crust in the order listed. Bake for 12 minutes, remove from oven and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: If You Had, .....Woulld You???? by cjs (Here's the recipe wr...)
Jean as soon as I have leftover pasta and goodies again I WILL make this! It sounds so good. It would have been good with the leftover garlic scape lemon pasta!!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: If You Had, .....Woulld You???? by Harborwitch (Jean as soon as I ha...)
I guess you've got a point.....LOL!

I just may make extra next time just to try this!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: If You Had, .....Woulld You???? by Gourmet_Mom (I guess you've got a...)
I was just jabbin' you.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: If You Had, .....Woulld You???? by cjs (I was just jabbin' y...)
Jean, you MUST HAVE SOME Italian ancestors!

To answer your question, yes, I would try this. For sure.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."