Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ???
  Re: (...)
Hi All,
I have been making this since erin posted it 8/23/09 I just love it, my question is can I use my imulsion imersion(sp?) stick instead of using a blender ???, I know I'm lazy but what a pain to wash. I tried to bring up thread with recipe but can never figure out the dang "search" thingy.
Thanks for any help.
  Re: Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? by madmax (Hi All,[br]I have be...)
I say go for it, do you blend before all the ingredients are added, or do you blend the entire soup? Is this for your customer that would need the blending?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? by cjs (I say go for it, do ...)
No recipe says when completed "place 1/3 of the bean mixture in a blender,puree, then recombine with previous mixture" thats the directions
  Re: Re: Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? by madmax (No recipe says when ...)
It will work.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? by cjs (It will work....)
Listen to your Mother, I would do it also!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? by Lorraine (Listen to your Mothe...)
I don't own a blender so whenever the recipe calls for using one it either goes into the food processor or I also use the emulsion blender. Works great!
  Re: Re: Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? by DFen911 (I don't own a blende...)
Have made this soup MANY times and wish I had a good enough immersion blender to do this. Absolutely! Go for it!

If you wish to keep some of the beans not puréed, just remove some with a slotted spoon before using the immersion blender and add them back in when done.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Question "Cream of Green Bean Soup" ??? by madmax (Hi All,[br]I have be...)
YES!!! I use it all the time!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".