What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/18?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I'm thawing chicken pieces out (from the injected chicken) and was going to make a pasta dish from CarbLovers, but...no way, I'm using it to make the mojo marinated pork(chicken) tacos. When Karen reviewed this she mentioned using chicken also and liking it. Looking forward to this dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/18? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm going to have to take a look at that one.

I'm torn. We COULD do a repeat of last night, but I'm tempted to freeze lose lovely steaks for a nice dinner down the road. Will the Bearnaise freeze? The only thing is that I'm out of FS bags, so regular ziplock will have to do until I can get to town.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Tonight is going to be the fried basa, fried green tomatoes, and either a fresh corn salad or grilled corn. Hmmmmmm.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/18? by Harborwitch (Tonight is going to ...)
I'm craving comfort food, so we're having some old favorites-- Sauteed Beef with White Wine and Rosemary , mushroom risotto, and green beans.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/18? by karyn (I'm craving comfort ...)
Yes, it will, Daphne - you may have to warm it gently and slowly and whisk back together.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/18? by cjs (Yes, it will, Daphne...)
Well, definitely something with chicken. I never did make the Chicken Diane when I said I was going to so I could go that route. I have some roasted beets from TJ's to use and then probably some brown rice.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/18? by Trixxee (Well, definitely som...)
Well, since you think it'll come back together, I think I'll freeze it. It seems too much to have that king of thing two nights in a row, and it would make such a nice dinner on another night.

In that case, Rachael just made Chicken Picatta. I know I make it a lot, but it's been a while, and those capers in the cabinet have been taunting me. I just LOVE that fresh lemony flavor! I'll probably pick up some fresh green beans while I'm at the store. I have chicken so much, I'm already out of chicken breasts...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I think I am making CI easy chicken cordon bleu. Either broccoli or green beans to go with and some pasta.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/18? by esgunn (I think I am making ...)
Grilled salmon. Not sure I'll eat it but Derek and Laura will. So I'll probably grill a salad to go with it
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/18? by DFen911 (Grilled salmon. Not ...)
I made Macaroni Grill Bread dough and used it for grilling veggie pizzas tonight. The veggie pizzas had mushrooms, onions, peppers and garlic, cooked in olive oil, then diced up for topping the pizzas with parmesan and mozzarella. Yummy!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."