EASY PIE CRUST
  Re: (...)
Most of you are probably great pie makers, but in case there are other folks like me, I just saw this and thought I'd share. I am pie-impaired, so a fool-proof crust is great for me. Kenji, who developed CI's great vodka crust revised it for Serious Eats. The slide show is great and the recipe could not be clearer. Anyway here is the link to the explanation and the recipe, the link to the slide show is at the top of that page.

I converted the slide show, including images, into a Technique in Living Cookbook. I would be happy to share it with those folks who have LC if anyone would like it. I can export it in MC 1-4 or 5-9 but for MC but you won't get the images. (I guess MC does not import images in one go like LC does).
  Re: EASY PIE CRUST by Cubangirl (Most of you are prob...)
Interesting - Although I've found that since I don't make pies as often as I did when family was home, without the feel that I had, I can't make as good a piecrust. So much of pie crust making is in the feel.

Those darn pictures makes me want to make a pie!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: EASY PIE CRUST by cjs (Interesting - Althou...)
Wow, that's very thorough. If I get the urge to make a pie, I sure will be checking this out! Thanks, CG!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: EASY PIE CRUST by Gourmet_Mom (Wow, that's very tho...)
Thanx Cubangirl! Loved it! Great hints for the foodprocessor too. Soon as it cools down enough to run the oven, I'm makin' a pie
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: EASY PIE CRUST by farnfam (Thanx Cubangirl! Lo...)
Thanks for posting this, Alina. I've never been able to make a pie crust like my mom did, but would like to, so am going to try this method. (Like Cis said, as soon as this heat wave passes!)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Hi Cubangirl,

Thanks for the link to the excellent article on the science of pie dough. I would love the technique that you made from the slide show for Living Cookbook. I am a Living Cookbook enthusiast too---formerly used MasterCook for many years, but switched with the upgrade to Windows 7. You can e-mail me the file at the following: removed for your protection.
Barbara

(Cubangirl/Alina - I saved Barbara's email address - let me know if you want it.)
  Re: Re: EASY PIE CRUST by bfg (Hi Cubangirl,[br][br...)
Welcome to the forum bfg! I hope you will join in the fun and come back often. It might be a good idea if you edit your post and delete your email from it. You can use the PM option to send it to Cubangirl.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
CI's vodka crust works! I first tried it a few years ago, it's good and it works.

That being said, I am not ashamed to admit pulling the red box out of the fridge and minutes later having a pie oven ready is a pretty good deal. So that's what I usually do. But if you're into your own crust, this is a great one to use!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: EASY PIE CRUST by pjcooks (CI's vodka crust wor...)
I'm so with you, PJ
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Quote:

Most of you are probably great pie makers...

Hahahahaha! Good thing that you qualtifed it as "most of you", Cubangirl! As much as I enjoy baking, I have given up on pie crust. I use Pillsbury Ready Crust for those 4-5 pies a year that I make and it works just fine. Life is too short for the frustrations of crumbling, hard-to-roll, easy-to-tear dough!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com