What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

We're having Denise's version of the Vege burgers (with meat ) and the comback sauce and bacon and tomatoes sautéed in bacon grease. I might even go one decadent step further - I oven cook bacon on a 1/4 sheet pan, then once in a great while put this pan on the grill and grill the buns cut side down. (so bad) Maybe I'll put some tomato slices on it also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm either making an Italian burger, sloppy joe, or that Italian sausage roasted with peppers and onions from a friend from another forum. Haven't decided yet.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm either making an...)
I'm babysitting for a neighbor today, so I think I'll just do a ground turkey meatloaf in the crock pot. He's an active little guy so that'll be one less thing to distract me. Not sure about sides
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? by farnfam (I'm babysitting for ...)
Oh the best way to do your buns....put a swipe of mayo on them and grill them mayo side down. The mayo takes on a totally different flavor when grilled. I forgot to put that step in there cause I have always either grilled them or pan seared them this way for our burgers
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? by DFen911 (Oh the best way to d...)
You guys! That is totally so bad/good! I can't wait to try it...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? by DFen911 (Oh the best way to d...)
Denise I love using mayo for grilled cheese, buns, all kinds of things like that - the flavor changes so much, and the texture!

Yesterday I soaked beans, put them in the crockpot last night with the "baked bean" stuff on low - they've been cooking since 8:30 last night (on high since 7am) and they still aren't done. The plan was the corndogs from the new issue and these beans. Waiting. . . . waiting . . . waiting!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? by Harborwitch (Denise I love using ...)
You didn't add any salt, did you Sharon?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? by cjs (You didn't add any s...)
Having a late lunch with my sister and little newphews at my mom's house so that will be dinner. Assorted cold cuts & breads, I'm bringing a greek salad and my mom is making some kind of a dessert with lemon yogurt to which you add powdered vanilla pudding and cool whip and then I think she makes a parfait out of it with cut up pieces of angel food cake and tops with fresh boysenberries. Sounds nice and light.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? by cjs (You didn't add any s...)
No... just the salt in the other ingredients. I don't usually cook beans in the crockpot - but time constraints won.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 7/19?? by Harborwitch (No... just the salt ...)
I'm going to have to give those burgers with comeback sauce a try soon!

Tonight we're having Greek salad with roasted chicken. I may pull some pitas out of the freezer, too.