ISO - Lemon Creme Brulee
  Re: (...)
Ok having a birthday dinner party next weekend and the birthday gal wants a lemon creme brulee for dessert.

Anyone have a tried and successful recipe? I was thinking also of making a blueberry sauce to go with it.

Thank you!
  Re: ISO - Lemon Creme Brulee by DFen911 (Ok having a birthday...)
Sorry, I can't help you - I hate messing with the classic - even with lemon that I love!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: ISO - Lemon Creme Brulee by cjs (Sorry, I can't help ...)
I don't have a recipe but if it were me I would just use a basic creme brulee recipe and add lemon zest. I used to do that with vanilla bean and the recipe from the book that came with the torch.
Allison aka Younger Bay
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child
  Re: Re: ISO - Lemon Creme Brulee by cheesemonger (I don't have a recip...)
Denise, I have not tried this recipe - but here is a [Email]C@H[/Email] recipe:

Lemon-ginger crème brûlée
Cuisine at home No. 48 (December 2004), page 49

Edited to add: Oops I did make it. It was very good. Here is a post about it and someone listed another lemon creme brulee recipe in the post (Dismic I think???)

Lemon Ginger Creme Brulee
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: ISO - Lemon Creme Brulee by esgunn (Denise, I have not ...)
Oh thank you Erin!

Also is it just me or do more and more creme brulee recipes no longer call for the vanilla bean itself and just the extract? I know on my regular recipe it's a whole bean scraped and then pod added as well.
  Re: Re: ISO - Lemon Creme Brulee by DFen911 (Oh thank you Erin! [...)
Denise, This is my favorite creme brulee recipe. It's from Bon Appetit.

Lemon Crème Brûlée with Fresh Berries Bon Appétit | June 2005

by Alexis Watson, Irvine, CA

Alexis Watson of Irvine, California, writes: "You could say I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to cooking. Often I'll take a particular recipe and spend months perfecting it, as I've done with the crème brûlée."
Yield: Makes 8 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 5 1/2 hours (includes baking and chilling time)
ingredients
3 cups whipping cream
5 teaspoons grated lemon peel
3/4 cup sugar
6 large egg yolks
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt

8 teaspoons golden brown sugar

2 1/2-pint containers fresh raspberries
1/4 cup Chambord (black-raspberry liqueur) or crème de cassis (black-currant liqueur)
preparation

Preheat oven to 325°F. Arrange eight 3/4-cup custard cups or ramekins in 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan. Combine cream and lemon peel in heavy small saucepan and bring to simmer. Whisk sugar and yolks in large bowl until thick, about 3 minutes. Gradually whisk in hot cream mixture, then vanilla and salt. Let stand 10 minutes. Strain custard, then divide among cups. Pour enough hot water into baking pan to come halfway up sides of cups.

Bake custards until just set in center, about 55 minutes. Remove custards from water bath; chill uncovered until firm, at least 3 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)

Preheat broiler. Place custard cups on baking sheet. Strain brown sugar through small sieve onto custards, dividing equally. Broil until sugar melts and browns, about 2 minutes. Chill until topping is hard and crisp, at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours.
Combine raspberries and liqueur in bowl. Let stand at room temperature at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour. Spoon berry mixture atop custards.
Shannon