Cherry-tomato-slicing tip
  Re: (...)
This was in Issue 88 (August):
(I'm paraphrasing )

For fast and easy slicing of cherry or grape tomatoes, lay one take-out container lid, flat side down, cover surface with grape tomatoes, and top with another lid. Hold the top lid in place securely while slicing horizontally through all of the tomatoes at once with a serrated knife.

This really does work! I grabbed a margarine lid from the refrigerator, placed it on top of the grape tomatoes on my cutting board, held down firmly, and sliced. A great time saver!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Cherry-tomato-slicing tip by foodfiend (This was in Issue 88...)
I saw that, but I think I've tried it before. I didn't have your luck. But I'll give it another try. It could have been that my knife needed to be sharpened.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cherry-tomato-slicing tip by Gourmet_Mom (I saw that, but I th...)
Lol yeah I had heard of that tip before as well and then saw it in the mag. But didn't have any luck with it. The tomatoes weren't even in size so some still rolled out or only got the very top cut off.
  Re: Re: Cherry-tomato-slicing tip by DFen911 (Lol yeah I had heard...)
Thanks, Denise. I thought it was just me....LOL! Like you said, it took more time to get similarly sized tomatoes and line them up than it did to just cut them in half individually. Thanks for the reminder.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cherry-tomato-slicing tip by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Denise. I t...)
I really didn't "size" the tomatoes. I just grabbed out of the container and corralled them under the lid. Of course, they weren't all identical, but being grape tomatoes perhaps the long-ish sides helped to stabilize them more than the rounder tomatoes. And maybe the lid I use was more flexible which might have helped. But I used this tip again today and, yep, it works for me!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com