What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/27??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

Still working on leftovers here - my neighbor caught a beautitul 19# salmon Monday and since the picky eaters don't eat salmon, I had to freeze the portion he gave us - darn. So, I'm really anxious to have it.

Daphne sent me over to Pioneer Woman for something and I saw where she put a salmon filet in a cold oven and turned it to 400°........ we'll see.

Oh Oh, Daphne and others who like Pioneer Woman, just saw a newsletter that she's going to have a show on Food Network - Saturday 8/27 @ 11:30 am.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/27?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Jean, she's been posting some behind the scenes stuff about the show and it sounds like it's going to be fun. I'll be anxious to hear about the salmon.

We've got Bible Study tonight, so we'll probably just pick up dinner in town. I had thought I'd make tacos to have before we go into town, but I've been tasked with quite a few things that are going to get in the way. Labs is helping me with a major computer issue. But the biggest thing is getting ready for a TRIP! We're escaping the heat! William has suggested we go to the mountains to see YS for a long weekend! I've got to get some menus together in addition to everything else to prepare for the trip.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/27?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, she's been pos...)
Chicken enchiladas with a side of a mexican type salad.

Daphne, have a wonderful time in the mountains!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/27?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I am trying a new recipe from The Simple Art of Eating Well cookbook.

Barbecued Raspberry Hoisin Chicken

edited to add Erin's review:
I wish I could edit the post. The Barbecued Raspberry Hoisin chicken was very good. The only change I did make was to add honey to taste to the reserved dipping sauce. It was a little tart and unfinished I thought (my raspberries are on the tart side). The next time I might reduce the hoisin to 1/2 cup from 3/4 cup. But the kids and I enjoyed it. Served with steamed sugar snap peas.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/27?? by esgunn (I am trying a new re...)
Erin, this sounds good because the rasberries would tone down the hoisin a bit. I like a little hoisin, but don't really care for it straight as it's just a little too sweet. This might work really well.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/27?? by esgunn (I am trying a new re...)
OMG Erin that sounds so good! Thank you for sharing that.

Tonight is Chili Prawns and ?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/27?? by Harborwitch (OMG Erin that sound...)
That does sound good, Erin - copied.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/27?? by cjs (That does sound good...)
Well, I've been craving chicken enchiladas, but it's so hot that I haven't committed to them. I'd love to be at Maryann's tonight, though!

Erin's chicken sounds really good as well, so it's been saved to my LC collection.

I finally decided on a spicy chicken stir-fry with broccoli tonight. I'll serve it over some Basmati rice. I love how that stuff smells.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/27?? by karyn (Well, I've been crav...)
Erin, that does sound good! I love hoisin!

We wound up having Taco Salad anyway! YUM!!!! I'm stuffed!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/27?? by Gourmet_Mom (Erin, that does soun...)
Filipino spaghetti with ground beef, ground pork, hot dogs, tomato sauce and banana ketchup. It was very tasty.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?