A new addition
  Re: (...)
Obviously the universe does not feel I have enough on my plate . . .

Saturday night at 8:30 in the middle of putting out not one, but two banquets, for a total of 175 people, 100 of which were steaks, I receive a call from Kendra. Her water broke. I find Chels to tell her she is in charge (cause Patty was attending a wedding) and fly out the door.

Ten minutes later I am pulling in the driveway, loading her up and we are off. I am driving pretty fast, but we are at least a half-hour from the closest hospital. I ask if she is having contractions and she starts telling me when she is having them - 3 minutes according to the car clock! EGADS!

By the time we got to the hospital she was in hard labor two minutes apart - scariest ride ever! Anyway, 10:22 I was holding "Haylee Faith" 5# 12 oz, lots of hair. Got home at 12:45 and had to open up the course at 5:00 a.m.

Today as soon as I can get out of here, I will be picking up Mom and baby. Not quite sure how Ava is going to take to sharing attention!

Just thought I would share my addition with my cyber family. At this point I am just putting one foot in front of the other. To say I am a little overwhelmed would be an understatement.

Today I tried to take Ava to daycare, but it didn't seem to be open at 6:00 like it was supposed to be, so she managed the proshop with me this morning, waving at everyone, rearranging my range balls, cart keys and everything else she could lay her hands on.

Too bad I am so computer illiterate that I can't figure out how to post a picture!
  Re: A new addition by iBcookin (Obviously the univer...)
AWWWWW! Congratulations, Linda! So much for going home and putting your feet up!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A new addition by Gourmet_Mom (AWWWWW! Congratulat...)
Oh Felicitations Grandma and Good work (all of it!)
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: A new addition by farnfam (Oh Felicitations Gra...)
Cool! Congratulations! At least it's a GOOD way in which to be overwhelmed.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: A new addition by labradors (Cool! Congratulatio...)
Congratulations, Linda! Hope you get some down time eventually so you can kick back and enjoy the new baby. Sounds pretty crazy right now.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A new addition by Mare749 (Congratulations, Lin...)
That's wonderful, Linda! Congratulations! I hope Mom and little Haylee are doing well.
  Re: Re: A new addition by karyn (That's wonderful, Li...)
Oh whoooeee, Linda! What a day you did have! congratulations all around and you'd better find a way to post a picture because she will be a part of our lives when she has to help take care of us in retirement....

Oh yeah, pay back time - changing diapers........
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A new addition by cjs (Oh whoooeee, Linda! ...)
Wow Congrats!! What a ride that was I bet Cannot wait to see pictures
  Re: Re: A new addition by DFen911 (Wow Congrats!! What ...)
Huge congratulations, Linda! Let the fun begin!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: A new addition by Lorraine (Huge congratulations...)
It's more fun under pressure--my Holly was born in a snow storm with us moving to a different apt--I ran red lites in the blizzard to Bryn Mawr Hospital!! Congratulations!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".