Pickles, my first batch in a very long time
  Re: (...)
This is supposed to be a public link, hope it works

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a...b87f3a25dd
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Pickles, my first batch in a very long time by farnfam (This is supposed to ...)
It does! How long do you have to wait now to eat them? Bet they will be great.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pickles, my first batch in a very long time by Mare749 (It does! [img]/ubbth...)
These are garlic dills (not Kosher as we have no Rabbi here) and they should take 30days, but longer is better. I like to refrigerate before opening to crisp them
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Pickles, my first batch in a very long time by farnfam (These are garlic dil...)
Am I missing the dill sprig??? I also like to put a grape leaf in the bottom of the jar before adding all the goodies.

Looks great, Cis - won't these be nice this winter??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pickles, my first batch in a very long time by cjs (Am I missing the dil...)
The dill sprig is in there, Jean, along with lots of garlic and some salt. What does the grape leaf do?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Pickles, my first batch in a very long time by farnfam (The dill sprig is in...)
i think the leaf helps keep them crisp. Great looking recipe. I just made a batch of Ice Cream Pickles on Saturday with local cukes. Only been 3 days, but they taste great.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Pickles, my first batch in a very long time by Lorraine (i think the leaf hel...)
Is that what it does, Lorraine? I figured it was an old wive's tale kind of thing...but, I always do it. I'm thinking the alum is what gives the crispness.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pickles, my first batch in a very long time by cjs (Is that what it does...)
Don't know, Jean, I've never done it, someone mentioned it on an old forum.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.