Re: (...)
OMG, is this a wonderful burger!!!

recipe from Food Network
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/adobo...index.html

Toothpicks hold it together for grilling -
[Image: QuesadilleBurger.jpg]
And here it is cut ready to eat and devour -
[Image: QuesadillaBurger3Aug.jpg]

the difference I did, was to mix 3/4 lb. strip steak with 1/4 lb. lamb sausage to grind for the patties. and, I cut the recipe in half.
Now, since we have two patties left, we are having the same thing tomorrow!! (which is unheard of in this house!!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Adobo Quesadilla Burger wGrilled Corn Salsa Review by cjs (OMG, is this a wonde...)
Thank you for the review! This is exactly what I'm hoping folks will share in the thread I just posted.

Copied and saved!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Adobo Quesadilla Burger wGrilled Corn Salsa Review by Mare749 (Thank you for the re...)
Jean, it looks FANTASTIC! This will probably be Sunday's burger! Thanks for sharing!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Adobo Quesadilla Burger wGrilled Corn Salsa Review by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, it looks FANTA...)
and, as one of the reviewers said, you have to have the corn salsa and all the spices. It just works.

forgot also to mention, I did not add the beans to the burger mix, I added them to the salsa. figured it would be easier to work with the burgers without.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Adobo Quesadilla Burger wGrilled Corn Salsa Review by cjs (and, as one of the r...)
You know, I've got almost everything for this. I may just make this before Sunday! I know William won't mind...LOL! I just got one question, I won't be able to get the queso fresco cheese. I was looking at Cook's Thesaurus and it listed mild goat cheese as a sub....which I have. What do you think, Jean? I've never had the queso fresco cheese, so I have no idea.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Adobo Quesadilla Burger wGrilled Corn Salsa Review by Gourmet_Mom (You know, I've got a...)
go for it - I was going to use some goat if our da-n stores didn't have the queso. but they did.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Adobo Quesadilla Burger wGrilled Corn Salsa Review by cjs (go for it - I was go...)
Cool! This is probably dinner tomorrow night!
Daphne