From Tammy
  Re: (...)
Remember our friend Twilight Kitten? Well she posted this cool quik recipe on FB and I'm going to try it, it's zuke time here

'm going to try this, except not with whole wheat bread crumb (peh) I'll use Italian style
Zucchini Parmesan Crisps
Zucchini Parmesan Crisps Show: Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger Episode: Tricks of the Trade Total Time: 50 min; Prep: 20 min; Cook: 30 min; Yield: 4 servings, serving size 1/2 cup Level: Easy IngredientsCooking spray 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total) 1 tablespoon olive oil 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan (3/4-ounce) 1/4 cup plain dry whole wheat bread crumbs 1/8 teaspoon salt Freshly ground black pepper Directions Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper. Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove with spatula. Serve immediately. Per Serving: (serving size, 1/2 cup) Calories 105; Total Fat 6g (Sat Fat 2g, Mono Fat 2g, Poly Fat 0g); Protein 5g; Carb 8.5g; Fiber 1.5g; Cholesterol 1mg; Sodium 222mg Excellent Source of: Molybdenum, Vitamin C Good Source of: Calcium, Manganese, Vitamin B6, Protein ©Television Food Network G.P.
By: Tammy Schroeder
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: From Tammy by farnfam (Remember our friend ...)
You are going to love this, Cis. I've been doing this for years with zukes and eggplant, mostly in the winter when we can't grill outside. It's the method I use for my eggplant parm.

Tell Tammy hi and she should drop in for a visit!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: From Tammy by Mare749 (You are going to lov...)
Will do, Maryann!
I'm going to use reg Italian breadcrumbs when I make it
and eggplant sounds terrifficc! I wish I could grow that, but I guess I'll have to buy some
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: From Tammy by Mare749 (You are going to lov...)
Sounds good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: From Tammy by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds good!...)
Uh, when were young and dumb about cholesterol, I used to do this - except I put slices of mozzarella between two slices of eggplant or zucc. Marinara over the top. oh my, it was so good.

I want to be friends with Tammy!!!! (that's a whine) - guess I'll go 'search' her and maybe she'll accept me.

P.S. well, that didn't work - there are hundreds of Tammy Tammy Schroeders.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: From Tammy by cjs (Uh, when were young ...)
be sure to notice her new name, Jean. at end of recipe
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: From Tammy by farnfam (be sure to notice he...)
Jean, look at Cis's friend list n get her that way.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: From Tammy by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, look at Cis's...)
o.k.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com