T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight?

We're having smoked ribs (started them yesterday) and a quinoa salad.

Also, took the Lemon Pepper pizza dough out of the freezer and will play with today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I picked up a beef tenderloin on sale yesterday, so filet mignon, fresh little potatoes, and a salad!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? by Gourmet_Mom (I picked up a beef t...)
I've still got some smoked pulled pork in the freezer and will turn that into tacos or quesadillas. I need to try to tone down the smoke flavor - I guess I'll add some sauteed onions, cilantro, lime juice and a little salsa verde (from the pantry).

Also black beans.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? by Trixxee (I've still got some ...)
I'm back at work this week at a new school, so haven't been around much. Sorry!

We're having the Gyro Wraps with Greek Salsa and Feta Spread from #69. I made the burgers ahead, so it's a pretty quick, easy dinner.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? by Trixxee (I've still got some ...)
Hubby got Stromboli take-out from Whole Foods and I got Chicken Croquettes with Garlic Mashed Potatoes from Bobby Chez. Also picked up one Pan-Seared Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes and his awesome Cole Slaw. His crab cakes are to die for. Pan seared OR breaded. Full of crab meat to the point where I cannot figure out how they stay together. This is why he's a ga-zillionaire and sells on QVC.

Oh yeah, and his Onion Rings are the real old-fashioned ones, too. All his food is pre-cooked and finished at home.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? by BarbaraS (Hubby got Stromboli ...)
hmmm, will have to google "Bobby Chez" and check him out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? by cjs (hmmm, will have to g...)
Here ya go:

http://bobbychezcrabcakes.com/

Today, I was tempted between the Lobster Pot Pie and the Chicken Croquettes (today's specials). The croquettes won. I love the Lemon-Butter Sauce he includes with the croquettes.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? by BarbaraS (Here ya go:[br][br][...)
They sure look good! I guess if you went in with a couple people and ordered two boxes, it wouldn't be too bad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? by Gourmet_Mom (They sure look good!...)
Jean can I have your salad recipe please? Just started using Quinoa and would love some ideas. I grilled some veggies the other night and sliced em up and added them at the end which was pretty good.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - What's for Dinner, 8/5? by DFen911 (Jean can I have your...)
Quote:

Just started using Quinoa and would love some ideas.

How about the Quinoa Fritters from Mary Sue on Top Chef Masters? Sounds great, but haven't tried it for myself, yet.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?