Quinoa Recipes
  Re: (...)
We like quinoa very much and this one is a repeat!

Toasted Quinoa with Chiles and Corn – CarbLovers recipe, 11/5/10
The picture looked like shrimp was added, but I wanted it for a side with something else, so didn’t use.

1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa
14-oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup canned whole-kernel corn, drained
1/3 cup jalapeno peppers, chopped
1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
2 T. lime juice

Add the quinoa to a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, and place the pan over high heat. Swirl the quinoa in the pan to toast it evenly.

When the grains are fragrant and crackle, remove from heat. Add cumin, salt, and cocoa, then slowly add the broth (be careful – it might boil over). Put the pan over high heat, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook, covered, for 15 min. or until liquid is absorbed.

Stir in the corn and jalapeno peppers; cover and cook for 2 more minutes. Stir in scallions and lime juice. Serve warm.

My notes: I grilled 2 ears of corn and cut it off to add and I used 2 fairly small jalapenos, seeds and membranes – was just the right heat for us.
-------

Labs suggested this link -
How about the Quinoa Fritters from Mary Sue on Top Chef Masters? Sounds great, but haven't tried it for myself, yet.

(and, I have everything for the fritters!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Quinoa Recipes by cjs (We like quinoa very ...)
This is interesting. I've never tried quinoa and it is readily available. Sounds good. I'll have to take another look at that book, Jean. You seem to use it often.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Quinoa Recipes by Mare749 (This is interesting....)
I hope no one will be put off by the cocoa - it add such a nice earthy tone to the dish. Really good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Quinoa Recipes by cjs (We like quinoa very ...)
It sounds really good. I think I have everything. So many recipes - so little time.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Quinoa Recipes by Harborwitch (It sounds really goo...)
I haven't had it yet either. I need to try to remember to pick some up on my next trip to the city. Wound up doing only clothes shopping yesterday. Good day with Mom. And she generously picked up the tab for dinner and half my purchases!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Quinoa Recipes by Gourmet_Mom (I haven't had it yet...)
Whooo, way to go, Daphne.
www.achefsjourney.com