Smoked Mac & Cheese
  Re: (...)
Denise asked for the recipe - wish I had one all written up (have to work on that) I seem to recall that we made this while Billy was visiting. We served it with a fatty.

I just made the standard bechamel and added cheddar, jack, and whatever odds and ends of cheese we had laying around in the fridge. We more than likely used DreamFields macaroni. Make sure you use a glass or metal pan that can easily be cleaned because the smoke will coat the bowl.

We put it under the meat - let it get some drippings on it and smoked for about 90 minutes with lots of smoke. MMMMMMM. I miss my smoker so much. Why didn't I insist it come with us????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Smoked Mac & Cheese by Harborwitch (Denise asked for the...)
Sharon, I must have forgotten to copy your recipe for a fatty. If it's not too much trouble, could you post that one again.

I love your idea for smoked mac & cheese, but don't think Ron will go for the idea of letting the meat drip on it. Will it be too dry if I put it on top instead?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Smoked Mac & Cheese by Mare749 (Sharon, I must have ...)
Maryann, if Sharon doesn't get to it by tomorrow, I'll post it for you. For some odd reason, I can't log in on my computer and I haven't gotten Living Cookbook for the iPad yet.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Smoked Mac & Cheese by Mare749 (Sharon, I must have ...)
Maryann I don't think it would dry out - if the cheese sauce is moist enough.

I'll have to find the recipe for the fatty - did I post it here??? Work in the am, and I'm not sure what will happen from there. I'll try.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Smoked Mac & Cheese by Harborwitch (Maryann I don't thin...)
I'll be here waiting