Books
  Re: (...)
This is going to get dangerous. I now have access to books online. I'm curious. Has anyone read "Four Kitchens"? And if so, what did you think? It sounds really good. Yeah! No more waiting on the library for weeks or a monthly trip to the city to a book store or mailing! I'll check everybody's shelf for ideas , too. Just as soon as somebody reminds me of the site...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Books by Gourmet_Mom (This is going to get...)
Why can't I find my "favorite" button for the book club thing????

I have not heard of "Four Kitchens" - but will look it up. Sounds like this 'thing' of yours will be dangerous to us, too!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Books by cjs (Why can't I find my ...)
I could have sworn it was Safari something. Was shelf in the site name? I'll try a search for that. Too funny! I was so close! It's Shelfari!

Now I'm REALLY dangerous!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Books by Gourmet_Mom (I could have sworn i...)
Daph, how do you now have access to online books??
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Books by farnfam (Daph, how do you now...)
Well, a few days and I will be the owner of a copy.....geez.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Books by cjs (Well, a few days and...)
Anyone want to lend me a copy of "The Help"??
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Books by farnfam (Anyone want to lend ...)
Sorry Cis, I had a copy but gave it away. It was good though and now the movie is out.

Daphne, are you able to download books from your library system? I get a lot of books that way, ebooks as well as audio.

I have not read this yet, but one of my friends said "The Room" was excellent and she read it in 2 days.

ETA: Just looked up Four Kitchens on Amazon. Looks like one I'm going to be buying too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Books by Mare749 (Sorry Cis, I had a c...)
Cis, I have your address, I'll send it to you 'to borrow' - love that book. It'll go out tomorrow.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Books by cjs (Cis, I have your add...)
Thanx!!! Thank you so much. I had wanted to read it when it first came out and got sidetracked somehow, then I saw they made a movie and I was so sorry I hadn't read it. I am very happy to be "borrowing" a copy
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Books by farnfam (Thanx!!! Thank you s...)
It was called Shelfari - http://www.shelfari.com/

Edit - Seems they've changed it...now you log in with your amazon account so I lost all my books that I had saved under my old login

Edit # 2 - Ok if you don't want to use your Amazon acct login if you scroll down they have a link for non Amazon members.