What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/10??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

I'm doing the second dish from the Pantry challenge with the rest of the spam - a Reuben sandwich and a gr. salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/10?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I've got choir tonight, so we're having BLTs.

Jean, William would be so jealous!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (I've got choir tonig...)
Something with chicken. Trying to clear alot of veggie stuff out of the frig, so maybe a stir fry? Hmmmm
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/10?? by farnfam (Something with chick...)
If I can find rice paper (not sure how hard it is to find - never looked for it) I'm thinking about making some Vietnamese spring rolls. That won't be enough for dinner so I'd have to come up with something else too. Maybe teriyaki chicken.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/10?? by Trixxee (If I can find rice p...)
Just got done roasting some BEAUTIFUL red bell peppers. They're steaming/cooling down now. Shall mix them with a little olive oil, diced Provolone, diced ham and a pinch of salt to make a kind of antipasto. Apart from that, still deciding and it may depend upon the time.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/10?? by labradors (Just got done roasti...)
Oh yeah - everyone to Labs house! I'd love that for dinner with just some good dipping sourdough. oh my.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/10?? by Trixxee (If I can find rice p...)
Trixxee, if you have a grocery store with an ethnic section, you may find them there. Our Walmart has started carrying them also. It's an organizing/running around day here, so whatever leftovers are in the fridge will be supper. We have meatballs in Merlot sauce, maple sausage, roasted pork loin, Dixie colcannon, so I don't think we'll starve.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/10?? by Lorraine (Trixxee, if you have...)
I've had a complete change of plans already - I forgot I've had a frozen fully cooked corned beef from TJ's in the freezer since St. Patrick's Day. So it's Rueben sandwiches and a salad.

I'll definitely be looking for the rice paper today though! I've seen wonton wrappers so maybe these will be next to them. I'm assuming they are refrigerated?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/10?? by Trixxee (I've had a complete ...)
Our walmart has them in the refrigerator section with the wonton wrappers. Usually, they are not refrigerated (no need to be), they are kept on the shelves with the Asian sauces, noodles etc.

Edited to add, Ii usually buy several packages at a time to keep on hand, as they have a long shelf life (as long as you don't drop them on the floor ).
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/10?? by Lorraine (Our walmart has them...)
Trixxee, when you do make them, I would be interested in hearing about it. I love Vietnamese food.

Dinner tonight will be leftovers. We made too much chicken and rice and it was so good that I want it again. A nice salad will round it out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."