Pizza Toppings?
  Re: (...)
I'm makng pizza for the wine club pick up for September. I'd really like to hear about any and all new pizza toppings (including sauces) that you all have come up with lately.

Be careful tho, they could end up in the next pizza book, but I'm thinking I want to try some new things for the winery, so if you would be so kind as to share, it would be appreciated. thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pizza Toppings? by cjs (I'm makng pizza for ...)
Oh, boy! This will be fun! I haven't tried anything you don't already know about, but I will state that my all-time favorite is the Truffle Dough pizza with truffle oil, mushrooms, truffle cheese, and green onions and bacon. Makes me start drooling just thinking about it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pizza Toppings? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, boy! This will ...)
I love this idea. Can't say we've tried anything new lately except for your Cajun Pizza, and that was declared the best pizza ever by my family.

Here is my go-to for pizza sauce:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Garlic Lover's Pizza Sauce

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 tb Olive Oil
1/2 c Onion -- Minced, 1 Md.
1/2 Green Pepper -- Minced
3 Cloves Garlic -- Large, Minced
1 1/2 c Water
6 oz Tomato Paste -- 1 Cn
1/2 t Basil -- Dried
1/2 t Oregano -- Dried
1 t Parsley -- Dried
Salt & Pepper -- To Taste

Pour the oil into a deep, heavy skilled over medium-high heat. Add the onion and green pepper then cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook, stirring, until the vegetables are tender. Add the water and then stir in the tomato paste. Sprinkle the sauce with the basil, oregano, and parsley. Lower the heat and let simmer for about 5 minuts. Add the salt and pepper to taste. If desired, add 2 to 3 dashes of hot pepper sauce. Let simmer, stirring often, about 30 minutes or until the sauce if very thick.
Makes about 3 Cups of sauce.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pizza Toppings? by Mare749 (I love this idea. C...)
Two posts and I'm drooling already......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza Toppings? by cjs (Two posts and I'm dr...)
I just remembered another one. Sharon mentioned one a few weeks ago that I tried while the kids were here. The Truffle Pizza always outshines everything, so I almost forgot this one. It's a Pesto, Goat Cheese, Tomato Pizza. We decided this is more of an appy style pizza...not something you would want in large slices.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Pizza Toppings? by Gourmet_Mom (I just remembered an...)
Our absolute fave is gorgonzola, fresh figs, proscuitto, with olive oil and balsamic.

Blue Peruvian potatoes & bacon - can't recall what cheese we used, I think there was some truffle cheese involved.

Then I found this one - I'm considering it.
Middle Eastern Pizza
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Pizza Toppings? by Harborwitch (Our absolute fave is...)
I still haven't tried the potato idea. We don't have interesting potatoes around here. Would regular work?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Pizza Toppings? by Gourmet_Mom (I still haven't trie...)
I use new/red/whatever your area calls them rather than russets for pizza.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza Toppings? by cjs (I use new/red/whatev...)
Thanks, Jean!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Pizza Toppings? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Jean!...)
If it's for a wine group, how about starting with things that are known to pair well with the wines you will be using and building accordingly?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?