T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone doing this fine Friday for dinner?

We're having pizza, not sure what will go on it, just found a dough round in the freezer - Semolina.

Had the worst day cooking I think I've ever had yesterday...Unbelievable!! I tested a recipe for a friend and it ended up a big slow cooker glob of a mess. Half the author's fault and half mine. Dumped the whole shebang.

Next, I had one (only one!!!) pkg. of that wonderful Clam spaghetti left, so simmered it for dinner. The darn bag broke - it was a real mess. I'm ready to throw this FoodSaver in the bin, I've really had trouble with this one, don't know why. So, we had cheese and crackers and threw the beautiful Clam Spaghetti in the garbage.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? by cjs (What's everyone doin...)
Oh, dear! The Clam Spaghetti? That's terrible!

We had my filets the other day, so my Friday steak night is out. William usually stays at the farm on Fridays, so I don't now what Cricket and I will have.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, dear! The Clam ...)
EGADS not the clam spaghetti

Tonite there's a band at the Tughill Vineyards. We'll enjoy a cheese and meat platter while we hammer a couple bottles of their finest hic
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? by farnfam (EGADS not the clam s...)
I want to go with Cis! Sounds like fun!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? by Gourmet_Mom (I want to go with Ci...)
Really looking forward to it, Daph. Hoping to dance a bit too, if they play tunes old enough for us to recognize
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? by farnfam (Really looking forwa...)
I had a little too much wine last night (birthday yesterday) and right now nothing sounds overly good so I don't know. I think rib-eyes are on sale right now for $4.99/lb so maybe I'll pick a couple up. Later. Much later.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? by Trixxee (I had a little too m...)
Was it your birthday yesterday, Trix? I didn't see that, Happy Birthday then, if it was. I guess if you got to slurp up some wine, it was a good birthday no matter whose it was
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? by farnfam (Was it your birthday...)
shame on you, Trixxee!! You kept a big secret from us - HAPPY, HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? by cjs (shame on you, Trixxe...)
Seriously! Shame on you! Happy late birthday!
Daphne
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner - 8/12? by cjs (What's everyone doin...)
I wanted to make Philly Cheese Pot Roast Sandwiches in the crock pot/broiler. But I forgot to take out my chuck roast to thaw. This will be on the menu next week I guess.

I have a flank steak in the freezer (that will thaw in time), so I think it will be Dragon Steak and corn on the cobb.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.