What's For Dinner, Sat. 8/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I'm defrosting half a chicken to grill - not sure what will go with it, but it's the last beautiful day we're supposed to have for a while, so have to grill.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner, Sat. 8/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I don't know. The temps are tolerable today, so sitting on the deck and grilling sounds good here, too. I'm thinking pork in some form, maybe?

I wasn't totally sold on the pork, so I think I'm going with Beer Can Chicken. I haven't done that in a while. I'm thinking maybe potato salad and three bean salad? We'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sat. 8/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I don't know. The t...)
We're going out to an early dinner (3:30) with my mom and sister's family to Maggiano's. Haven't been there in years.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sat. 8/13?? by Trixxee (We're going out to a...)
Sweet! Girl's day out! I love those! Have fun, Trixxee!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sat. 8/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sweet! Girl's day o...)
Thanks Daphne! The men folk and child will be with us too!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sat. 8/13?? by Trixxee (We're going out to a...)
Quote:

We're going out to an early dinner (3:30) with my mom and sister's family to Maggiano's. Haven't been there in years.

Sounds almost like my grandmother's maiden name, Trixxee. Hope your meal is wonderful. Have fun.

Oops, almost forgot dinner. I got some fabulous home-grown tomatoes, so probably BLT's!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sat. 8/13?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I have some cod in the fridge - need to give it the sniff test first. A lemon beurre blanc is sounding good. I've got some green tomatoes to fry and a nice salad (?).

Not sure yet - we'll see how the back goes. I was supposed to be in the kitchen for a couple hours "just in case" to tide over between the am and pm shift. AM shift's DIL went into labor and I went in an hour early. There was a reunion and a tournament today. The kitchen was "mine" for 3+ hours!!! LOL

We need a bigger fryer! Two baskets just aren't enough when everyone wants fries, tots, fish & chips, gizzards ( ?), and chicken strips & sammies. I had a ball!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sat. 8/13?? by Harborwitch (I have some cod in t...)
AWESOME Sharon! I think it is so cool you guys found out about this!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sat. 8/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (AWESOME Sharon! I t...)
Thanks Daphne! I'm loving this.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!