What's For Dinner, Wed., 8/17??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Denise, is Laura all settled in? I bet you're having lonely pangs right now.....

We're postponing our 3rd Wed. in Everett until next Wed., so tonight we'll eat at home. Leftover Pork tostados with Plum sauce.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 8/17?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
No cooking for us tonight! The winery's Charity of the Month is a local Farmer's Market, and they are having a Farm To Table dinner tonight. At $40.00 per person( $5.00 more for wine pairing), it will be a great opportunity to meet local farmers. And I don't have to cook.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 8/17?? by Lorraine (No cooking for us to...)
Oh man, doesn't that sound like fun!! Take lots of notes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 8/17?? by cjs (Oh man, doesn't that...)
We will! Unfortunately, the meat producers are totally out of our price range. Chicken is $4.50 lb, cheap cuts of beef start at about $9.00 lb. We could never pass that on to our customers. A bit off topic, when we stopped at the winery today, thye had all the tables set for tonight. Gee, they have the same S&P shakers as us. When I wealked into the kitchen, gee, they look like our big wait trays. Someone had let them into our storage room, and let them use what they want. Not finished with that yet.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 8/17?? by Lorraine (We will! Unfortunat...)
Oh-Oh!! I used to leave some servng dishes at the winery for folks finishing up 'crumbs' and we wanted to go home. They were disappearing, so can't do it anymore. Crappy people ruin it for everyone!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 8/17?? by cjs (Oh-Oh!! I used to le...)
Well, I've got some chicken breasts thawing but not sure what to do with them yet. Maybe a sun dried tomato cream sauce and throw some olives into it, served over pasta. Pencil thin asparagus too.

Jean - thank you for the nice sentiment on FB. I'm OK now. I look at it this way - got my tears over with today at orientation instead of the first day of school.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 8/17?? by Trixxee (Well, I've got some ...)
Yup, changed my mind already. Going to try this with my chicken. No chopping involved.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...rds-233792
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 8/17?? by Trixxee (Yup, changed my mind...)
don't those flavors sound good.(the Moroccan)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 8/17?? by Trixxee (Yup, changed my mind...)
That sounds really good Trixxee! Copied.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Wed., 8/17?? by esgunn (That sounds really g...)
We are going to a Tacoma Rainiers baseball game tonight. Probably Hot Dogs or nacho's.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.