Review - Southern Vegetarian Burger
  Re: (...)
Ok finally got around to making this tonight. I even did the Sauteed Greens & Tomatoes. I will post pictures tomorrow cause my card reader isn't working.

First up I did this recipe exactly as it called, Comeback Sauce and all. I don't know why but this recipe wasn't a walk in the park. There is a lot of prepping and chopping. Also I did have to use the canned black-eyed peas. I could not mash 1/2 of them with a fork, no way. So into the food processor they went. Also they say to saute the collard greens for 5 minutes...make that about 20-30. They were far too tough at 5-10.

Do not base the taste of this recipe on each component. If I had I wouldn't have eaten the dish.

Once assembled this recipe shocked the heck out of both of us. It was GREAT! We really enjoyed it. At first I was very leary about the greens and how they were tasting with the vinegar and all, but when added as a topping and the sauce and the cornbread it works! I give this a 9 for flavor, and 8 for ease.
  Re: Review - Southern Vegetarian Burger by DFen911 (Ok finally got aroun...)
Huh, for once it's not, "taste, taste, taste," Denise??

This is the one from the latest issue?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review - Southern Vegetarian Burger by cjs (Huh, for once it's n...)
Yes the same issue with the Comeback sauce.

[Image: P1030965Medium.jpg]
  Re: Re: Review - Southern Vegetarian Burger by DFen911 (Yes the same issue w...)
Oh my, gonna have to try this one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review - Southern Vegetarian Burger by cjs (Oh my, gonna have to...)
Wow, that looks great, Denise! Thanks for the review.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."