What's for Dinner, Thursday 8/18??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

I'm having to say sayonara to the best grill I've ever had - it is just dying. Roy stopped at Sears last weekend and saw one that had a couple of dents and scratches and the price really reduced, so that's what we'll replace it with. It's bigger than we need, but a good price. But, I love my old one, I knew all its little quirks.

Speaking of grills, was it PJ who dumped hers in the pool? And, where is PJ lately??

Oh, dinner? If the grill gets home, I may just do some hot dogs to play with it, if not I have one more bag of pork pieces to play with 'leftovers'.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday 8/18?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I think we're going to have burgers. I have a lot going on with YS and fiancee coming in late tonight. YEEEAAAAA!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday 8/18?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Don't anyone have a heart attack :-) I have a few rare moments and thought I would catch up on my forum family.

I haven't been cooking nearly as much as I would like, but will mention that I made the edamame and blueberry salad recipe from the June issue for two separate dinner/grill parties we were invited to and it was "The Hit" of both parties! And it is so good for you. I subbed blueberry wine for juice and made my own blueberry syrup out of blueberry wine.

But tonight we are joining friends for dinner at a local microbrewery that specializes in using fresh and local ingredients. http://www.elkcreekcafe.net/
I am drooling for a beer already :-)
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday 8/18?? by chef_Tab (Don't anyone have a ...)
I a piece of filet mignon that I saved from a larger cut. I think I will grill it and make a blue cheese drizzle. Maybe some double baked potatoes.

Lol Theresa from wine to beer...I so envy you
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday 8/18?? by DFen911 (I a piece of filet m...)
Great to see you, Theresa - that house is going to be beautiful with all the work you two are putting into it!! But, we miss you around here. Off to check out the blueberry salad.........
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday 8/18?? by cjs (Great to see you, Th...)
I have some pasta sauce that I took out of the freezer the other day and need to use it. So, I'm going to use some orrechette that I bought and never used and do a baked pasta, with a side of romaine salad.

Hi Theresa! Nice to see you!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday 8/18?? by Mare749 (I have some pasta sa...)
"going to use some orrechette that I bought and never used" - there you go, pantry challenge.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday 8/18?? by cjs ("going to use some o...)
Hey, Theresa! Good to see you! Have fun tonight!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday 8/18?? by Gourmet_Mom (Hey, Theresa! Good ...)
Hi Theresa!

I have not cooked a bit this entire week and won't. Jame is on a stretch of 12hr shifts peh
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday 8/18?? by farnfam (Hi Theresa! [img]/ub...)
HI,

Taco night for us.