Need Some Info - Grills
  Re: (...)
Well, it certainly helps having the owner of Sears down the street from us - she told Roy that we didn't want the grill (I mentioned it on What's for Dinner Thurs thread) that was dented and scratched. Evidently, more problems than we had been told.

So, it's back to square one. I looked at one that is a charcoal and gas combo that looked interesting. I know there are proponents for both on here, but I love gas for most things, but I do miss charcoal for some things also.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605...rop17=071-16143

does anyone have something similar to the above unit? Pros - cons?? the gas has 587 sq.in. cooking area and the charcols has 324 sq. in. So plenty of both for just the two of us. the drawback is the gas side has 3 burners rather than the 4 I'm so used to. but, this one also does not have a side burner, which I'm so glad about. I don't like those at all.

so, I have to make up my mind by tomorrow a.m. Please, any thoughts would be welcome. the only thing I'm adamant about is that it will be gas, just don't know about a combo.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Need Some Info - Grills by cjs (Well, it certainly h...)
Jean, sorry I can't help--I don't know anything about those--looks really good though!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Need Some Info - Grills by Old Bay (Jean, sorry I can't ...)
Jean I have this one - http://www.google.com/products/catalog?c...IwAg#ps-sellers

I LOVE IT! It is so nice having a charcoal side for those items I will only cook on charcoal. And there are times when I get home and it's late and I don't want to wait for the brickets to heat up and I turn on the gas and grill away.

The side burner isn't good for keeping sauces "warm" it backs some heat in that burner. But I also wouldn't use it for a "crab boil" because I'm not sure how much weight it could hold.
  Re: Re: Need Some Info - Grills by DFen911 (Jean I have this one...)
Jean, the one we are looking at is a combo one, but it also has a smoker attached.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Need Some Info - Grills by Lorraine (Jean, the one we are...)
thanks so much Denise - I remember talking about these before; must have been when you were buying yours, but I couldn't remember who, what, etc. I think we'll go for it. I notice your's has the 3 burners - I've gotten so used to the 4, it's going to be hard to get used to.

I haven't seen the one with a smoker attached, Lorraine, but since I have a good size one already, this will save some money.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need Some Info - Grills by cjs (thanks so much Denis...)
Wow, I'm liking both of those. Sure wish we would buy a new one, but ours isn't that old. I've never really liked it.

Can you use the charcoal side for a short smoke with chips?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Need Some Info - Grills by Mare749 (Wow, I'm liking both...)
Well, we are (I hope) proud owners of a new grill. I'll play with this weekend. I guess I probably could use it for smoking, Maryann, but I've got my other smoker and I always seem to try to fill the smoker when I'm using it, so probably won't try it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need Some Info - Grills by cjs (Well, we are (I hope...)
Quote:

Well, we are (I hope) proud owners of a new grill.

Is THAT why you were grilling me about my experiments so much in the other thread?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Need Some Info - Grills by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need Some Info - Grills by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Don't forget to buy some cheap ground round and condition it