What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/20??
  Re: (...)
The 20th of August already????? What's on the menu for everyone today?

Not sure yet what we'll do here - finally going to see "The Help" - the noon movie. It's such a hassle to go at night (geez, don't I sound old )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/20?? by cjs (The 20th of August a...)
I'm going to Asia Foods with my sister, so will probably have Pho. Ron is at an all day golf outing and will have a steak dinner there.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/20?? by Mare749 (I'm going to Asia Fo...)
I'm thinking a leaf of lettuce and a glass of water.

Why? Well going to a bunch buffet tomorrow that I hear is off the hook! So want to make sure there is plenty of room for good viddles
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/20?? by DFen911 (I'm thinking a leaf ...)
As I mentioned in another thread, I haven't decided. With the Ranch dip platter and cheesecake, I may just bake some bread and just keep it simple with grilled steak.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/20?? by DFen911 (I'm thinking a leaf ...)
LOL!!! The best-laid plans...

Don't forget to bring a camera phone to take pics!

We're having filets with bearnaise sauce, fresh corn, and salads.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/20?? by BarbaraS (LOL!!! The best-lai...)
Still camping and my sister picked the menu (because we're all on a tight budget and brought stuff that was already in the freezer/pantry)! Grilled pork tenderloin, noodles & gravy, carrots. Not exactly camping cuisine but it will be good.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/20?? by Trixxee (Still camping and my...)
Ah yes, Trixxee, the old freezer challenge continues here at my house also.

Denise - grab your notebook AND camera!! have fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/20?? by cjs (Ah yes, Trixxee, the...)
Grilled portabello "burgers" (marinated in olive oil, balsamic, and herbs) with mixed Italian cheeses on ciabatta with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. It was really good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/20?? by Harborwitch (Grilled portabello "...)
We worked and didn't get home until almost midnight. We had some mini mufalettas left from the appetizer table, so ate them when we got home. I hadn't made them in years, and forgot how much I liked them.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/20?? by Lorraine (We worked and didn't...)
Quote:

We worked and didn't get home until almost midnight. We had some mini mufalettas left from the appetizer table, so ate them when we got home. I hadn't made them in years, and forgot how much I liked them.

DROOL!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!