What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21??
  Re: (...)
What's of the menu for everyone today?

I so want to get out and grill, but I've got things thawed that aren't grillable. One thing I'm doing isC@H's injected chicken again. We really loved it before.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? by cjs (What's of the menu f...)
Not a clue. If we make it back up to the winery today, I'll bring home leftovers. We did a Pasta
station, with 3 sauces, Puttanesca, Pesto, and Burro & Formaggio. There's also pork loin, and chicken scampi, brussel sprouts with bacon and pecans, and haricot verts in roasted garlic, jambalaqya fritters, and mini crab cakes. If we don't get there, it will be scrambled eggs. .
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? by Lorraine (Not a clue. If we m...)
Just some gnocchi and meatballs.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? by BarbaraS (Just some gnocchi an...)
PIZZA!! We're having some cooler weather so it's ok to turn the oven on to 500 degrees.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? by DFen911 (PIZZA!! We're having...)
Pasta with creamy clam sauce and a caesar salad
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? by piano226 (Pasta with creamy cl...)
Just took the injected chix out out of the oven - oh my, does it smell good. I thought I had a 2nd can of peach nectar, but it turned out to be apricot nectar - tastes great!

We've been sampling all day, so probably no 'formal' dinner today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? by cjs (Just took the inject...)
Quote:

I thought I had a 2nd can of peach nectar, but it turned out to be apricot nectar - tastes great!

Actually, I would like the apricot better.

Now THERE's a question for people in different parts of the country/world: Which pronunciation do you use - "APE-ri-cot" or "APP-ri-cot"?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
APP-ri-cot here! That't the way Carly Simon says it in one of favorite songs.

We are back from campin and non-stop grilling so it's spaghetti and meatballs tonight!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? by Trixxee (APP-ri-cot here! Th...)
"APE-ri-cot"

(there is an 'R' in Warshington, too)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? by cjs ("APE-ri-cot"[br][br]...)
APP-ri-cot here, although I'm used to hearing it pronounced the other way as well.

We were out all afternoon so needed something quick and easy. Wings on the grill with Ron's made-up version of BBQ sauce, steamed jasmine rice and stir-fried fresh vegs.

Ron's wing-sauce recipe
1/4 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
1/4 cup of Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce
1 tsp. hot chili garlic sauce
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."