What's on the Menu for Tuesday, 8/23?
  Re: (...)
What is everyone having today?

I have leftover hash and leftover chow mein...so leftovers.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's on the Menu for Tuesday, 8/23? by cjs (What is everyone hav...)
Pantry cooking! Panko-crusted chicken with a mustard-maple pan sauce. Roasted red potatoes and zucchini as the sides.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tuesday, 8/23? by Trixxee (Pantry cooking! Pan...)
Oh, I forgot to post the picture of last night's dinner!!!!

[Image: MargesPeachPie.jpg]

I was testng recipes all day, so we just grazed - dinner time and we weren't the least bit hungry, but my wonderful neighbor, Marge, brought us over 2 pcs. of the most wonderful peach pie!! She still make pies often enough that her crust is out of this world good!! So, that was dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tuesday, 8/23? by Trixxee (Pantry cooking! Pan...)
Sounds good Trixxee! Jean that pie looks amazing.

We are having C@H Schnitzle. One of Steve's all time favorite meals. Probably just steamed broccoli on the side.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tuesday, 8/23? by cjs (Oh, I forgot to post...)
Now you're just being mean...

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tuesday, 8/23? by BarbaraS (Now you're just bein...)
We're having the Caramelized Vietnamese Chicken from Issue 48. And I need some help, please. It seems I've lost (for like the umpteenth time) the recipe for the accompanying cuke and peanut salad. It's an online recipe and they won't let me in anymore since my subscrpt had lapsed
I know it's rice vinegar and sugar? Could someone look it up for me Thanx
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tuesday, 8/23? by farnfam (We're having the Car...)
wish I could help - where's Daphne, she has sure been busy lately....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tuesday, 8/23? by farnfam (We're having the Car...)
Cis,

Had to go to the issue year and select the issue.

Cucumber-Peanut Salad

Makes: 4

Total Time: 10 minutes

Combine:
1 cup cucumber, seeded, sliced into half-moons
1/4 cup red onion, slivered
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 t. sugar
1/4 t. red pepper flakes
Pinch of salt
Garnish with:
Chopped dry roasted peanuts

Combine cucumber, onion, vinegar, sugar, pepper flakes, and salt in a bowl. Let marinate at least 15 minutes at room temperature.

Garnish salad with peanuts just before serving.

Nutrition Information
per 1/4 cup serving: 99 cal; 7g total fat; 116mg sodium; 7g total carbs; 2g fiber

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tuesday, 8/23? by BarbaraS (Cis,[br][br]Had to g...)
Thanx! Just in time
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tuesday, 8/23? by farnfam (Thanx! Just in time...)
Wwine is my menu tonight.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.